WELCOME


Rodmond - RT - RTtheRealest

"Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking in anything." James 1:2-4

"Whatever you do in life, make sure you follow your heart. Nobody can see your vision like you can see it."

A personal blog, an unfiltered and uncensored place of expression, a personal journal.

EST 12/15/2009

Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Old Friends Were Once New Friends...

Anyone who knows me knows I love telling this story and anyone who knows me well enough knows automatically who I'm talking about. This is a story about how me and my friend first met at church lol. I was always the type to go to church on Sundays, but I never really went to fellowship on Fridays and that's more of where the bonding and stuff happens. I would go on Sundays, do my thing, keep to myself and go home...didn't really make that many friends. So my parents really wanted me to go to fellowship, so they were talking to the pastor and counselor at that time and he brought up that fellowship is on Fridays at 7:30 and there are a bunch of kids my age. So my parents pretty much forced me to go and wanted me to make some new friends at church. I was like in elementary school back then I swear and fellowship was from like grade 6 or 7 to like university mans, so it was a pretty huge gap. Anyways, I was pretty antisocial back then...but then again don't we all have that point in our lives where we kept to ourselves, were shy or had trouble making friends. Anyways, so I remember distinctly being dropped off early to fellowship and I was like damn...gonna be one of the only people there...and I was lol...the chairs were set up in 2 sides...left side there were rows and columns and vice versa on the right side with a path in the middle. I remember picking the right side and one of the middle rows, but I sat all the way on the inside close to the window lol...I remember wearing this black hoodie and I had my hood all the way up lol. In my head...I was like man...I don't want to talk to nobody and I don't want nobody talking to me LOL. Low and behold...this random dude comes and sits beside me and doesn't say anything...yet. In my head I'm like damn...go away dawg, you got all these seats to choose from and you pick this one...LOL. So like a minute goes by, here I am chilling with my hood on and he finally looks and me and introduces himself and we end up talking and stuff and we was a really nice guy LOL Then I remember the upcoming Sunday during service, I was wearing this Tracy McGrady shirt...and he was behind me and he's like oh sick you watch basketball, I'm like yeah man...and he introduced me to his brother and the other guys he chilled with...and that's how I became friends with him and his boys. Sadly like half of them don't go to church anymore, but I still keep in contact with them and meet up with them here and there to see how they're doing. And of course me and this friend...this guy who stepped out of his comfort zone to introduce himself to me...we've been through a lot...but we're still really great friends and brothers in Christ. I've seen him grow SO much within these past like 8-10 years...yeah it's been that long, damn. It's amazing to see what Christ is doing in his heart, I'm glad to see Him grow and have a desire to serve God. Thanks for always being there bro, thanks for being a good friend and role model for me at church and in my walk with God, it means the world to me.

1 comment:

  1. We should go and hang out with these friends and reach them. Too bad you weren't with us last time when he and his brother and I went for dinner and played pool with the gang.

    ReplyDelete