WELCOME


Rodmond - RT - RTtheRealest

"Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking in anything." James 1:2-4

"Whatever you do in life, make sure you follow your heart. Nobody can see your vision like you can see it."

A personal blog, an unfiltered and uncensored place of expression, a personal journal.

EST 12/15/2009

Wednesday, December 11, 2019

Best Foot Forward

Day 11/31

I really like watching certain people's vlogs because it's like a glimpse into their life, seeing their daily interactions and lowkey living vicariously through them lol, as well some of them just have real dope personalities and I feel this weird connection witht them. But at the same time, the one thing that I've learned is to not take it at face value...because it's exactly what I said it is, just a small glimpse into their daily life. And usually, it's the best, fun and most entertaining parts of their life. Kinda like instagram how a lot of us only show or post our best selves living our best lives, but we all know that there's so much more that's not being shown, but we all wanna put our best foot forward. I remember Casey Neistat would always say his vlogs were for entertainment purposes and for him to tell a story and he would try to keep his personal and family life out of it. But then you have people like Timothy DelaGhetto who just vlogs things from his family, his wife to his job and his friends...and I remember he would say like oh my friends or my wife would always get annoyed at it at first because it's like shoot the camera's coming on we gotta put on a front and smile and look all proper, but eventually they kinda got used to it. I guess similarly with this blog...as honest as I am on here, there are deeper layers that I definitely keep to myself or share with those closest to me. Another thing I've learned from watching vlogs is that you have the power to control how other see your life...now necessarily the perspecctive or opinion they're gonna have...but you control what they see y'feel. If this blog was only about the best times in my life or like random dates or adventures with friends I go on...it'd be such a different vibe you know. I remember watching certain vlogs and thinking to myself, damn this person's life is so dope...they always eat dope food, go on adventures, their life just looks so interesting and fun...but in reality that's probably just a small portion of their life that they are choosing to share with you when there is so much more that they aren't sharing. Again, similarly with this blog...A LOT of my life is on this blog, share with you for you to enjoy, laugh, criticize, critique, anything and everything...then there is a lot of my life and A LOT of my thoughts that I don't share...because it's not necessary and also I just don't want to as well. I remember a friend once told me like hey, you know you don't have to blog about everything right, there are some things you can keep for yourself and keep to yourself, and your closest loved ones...you'll enjoy and cherish it more for sure. That's something that definitely stuck with me...you don't have to blog about everything or you don't have to instagram or snapchat everything. I mean even tho I still do instagram a lot of my life...both for entertainment and reflection purposes...I really do make a conscious effort to live in the moment and just enjoy it and live it. With that being said, I'll see y'all tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment