WELCOME


Rodmond - RT - RTtheRealest

"Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking in anything." James 1:2-4

"Whatever you do in life, make sure you follow your heart. Nobody can see your vision like you can see it."

A personal blog, an unfiltered and uncensored place of expression, a personal journal.

EST 12/15/2009

Thursday, December 12, 2019

The Power Of Perspective

Day 12/31

So I was at the gym this morning after my exam and I finished my workout and I kinda had a moment thinking to myself, man...isn't it crazy how like your own perspective and how you see things can drastically change and affect your mood or even your self esteem. For example, at the gym...I can look at a smaller dude or someone lifting lighter weights than me and think to myself...well damn, I'm huge, I'm the got damn world's strongest man LOL. But then I can also look at a bigger dude or someone lifting much heavier weights than me and think to myself well damn, I got sticks for arms and legs lol. And this kinda way of thinking can be applied in any kinda context really. You get an 80 on your test...you look at the dude beside you and he got a 60, you're like damn...I'm Albert frickin Einstein...or you look to the person on your other side and they got a 96 and you're like damn...I'm dumb as rocks lol. It's crazy how our perspective can impact our moods, attitudes and self esteem so greatly. But more than that, I think it's also what you do and how you respond to that perspective. For example, seeing a dude bigger than me at the gym can either make me think to myself that I'm hella small and weak...or give me motivation to work really hard or take steroids or something LOL jokes. But you get what I mean tho...you control that entire aspect. You choose how you want to read into a situation and you choose how you want to respond to it as well. I remember in high school, seeing people who were better at basketball than me or better shooters than me made me want to work that much harder to improve my game and be better. But on the flipside, something like softball for example I see how good people are and I'm not even that passionate about the sport where I'm like yeah, maybe this sport's just not for me. But again, you can apply this mindset to any kinda context, doesn't just have to be sports, it was just really interesting to me to think that our own perspective can shift our mood and attitude so drastically. Just some food for thought for today, till tomorrow...DEUCES!

No comments:

Post a Comment