WELCOME


Rodmond - RT - RTtheRealest

"Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking in anything." James 1:2-4

"Whatever you do in life, make sure you follow your heart. Nobody can see your vision like you can see it."

A personal blog, an unfiltered and uncensored place of expression, a personal journal.

EST 12/15/2009

Monday, December 16, 2019

10 YEAR ANNIVERSARY

First off, sorry for not being able to put out a post these past 2 days, it's been real busy with a lot of moving parts as of late so I haven't had much time to really sit down and write. But anyways, let me take y'all through a behind the scenes of the night before the blog's 10th anniversary. So honestly, leading up to and on the day of it was such a rollercoaster of emotions...I started thinking of wanting to have some sort of party for the blog's 10th anniversary like months ago. I went back and forth between having a huge ass party with just anybody and everybody to celebrate this 'momentous' occasion, but it was stressful looking at different venues, air bnb's and all that jazz. I was totally down to splurge a little bit and book a place and have just a huge party, but the more I thought about it, the more I began to think to myself well why, is this just an excuse to have a party lol which it definitely is as well don't get me wrong. As more time passed, I began to settle on the idea of having a smaller party with just close friends and people I enjoy being around, that way I could have it my place and use the money I would've spent on a venue to buy food and drinks for everyone. Let me tell you tho, planning and hosting a party sucks lol and it's really stressful. So many thoughts go through your mind like oh who should I invite, I don't want people to get offended, how many people, how much food and drinks do I need. The worst is like when people aren't communicative and don't let you know if they're coming or not or say maybe lol. The day of the party, everything leading up to it gave me so much stress and anxiety lol...I dropped my phone in the toilet for one, the weather was really crappy which made me think people would flop and I was right...but at the same time other people flopped last minute cuz of other reasons which is totally understandable but just kinda adds to the stress factor of hosting a party and wanting it to turn out well and shit. I'll touch on this briefly cuz it is what is...the people that didn't respond or didn't say anything to me...I mean you're not obligated to, but it would've been nice to receive the courtesy of like oh I can't come or oh I'm busy...now obvs the flip side is I could've reached out to each people and be like hey are you coming, but I feel like I made the first move by sending the invite, it's like sending a double text like oh hey, you there? But yeah that's all I'll say about that. Honestly, when it came down to it, it was such a great night...old friends, new friends...having fun and just chilling. It was super dope and I was really happy. I think I get and got too caught up in just like the logistics and wanting everything to be perfect and wanting everyone to have fun that I should've just bee like yo, relax and enjoy yourself...and I did haha.



On a different note...and to quote my coworker when I told him the blog was turning 10, “you're fuckin' old bro” LOOOL. I started this blog when I was in high school...writing corny poems about girls, making cringey rap videos, writing and recording semi dope rhymes...sharing my life, my journey, my innermost thoughts, feelings and emotions on everything from life, family, friends, relationships, struggles, failures, triumphs, victories...you've seen it all on this blog and it's a timeline of my growth and my journey. I'm sure one day when I hang it all up and am able to look back at all of this...it'll be so crazy to see the progression and the chnnge. But I mean for now, I'm still having fun, I'm still enjoying it at times and it still gives me some sense of purpose and encouragement, so I'll still be here and I hope you'll continue to ride with me till the wheels fall off...cheers to another year, PEACE!

No comments:

Post a Comment