WELCOME


Rodmond - RT - RTtheRealest

"Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking in anything." James 1:2-4

"Whatever you do in life, make sure you follow your heart. Nobody can see your vision like you can see it."

A personal blog, an unfiltered and uncensored place of expression, a personal journal.

EST 12/15/2009

Wednesday, December 04, 2019

Rejection, We Meet Again

Day 4/31

So I thought I'd keep it light hearted and hopefully give y'all a good laugh lol...so I'm gonna tell y'all 3 different stories at 3 different points in my life, all focusing around me being rejected...because hey, rejectio is a normal and healthy part of life. I think I used to be so scared and hesitant to share these kinds of things or really personal struggles and failures...but this is what this blog as grown to kinda become...and it's played a big part in me being so confident and comfortable in sharing what normal people would consider personal or embarrassing, lol so here we go...and just remember this, better to shoot your shot and miss and live to shoot another day than to not shoot at all...does that make sense, is that hella corny? LOL oh well...

So this was sometime earlier in my university career...I was in this one class and there was this girl that I always saw and thought was super cute. I was like she looks really familiar for some reason...turns out she was on the York volleyball team lol. Anyways, so one day after class, I'm like Rodmond, suck it up and approach her.So I'm waiting for her to pack up all her stuff and it's literally just us 2 left in the room...she gets up to leave and I'm like shoot, there goes my chance. She leaves the room and I'm like you know what...NAH, just do it. So I run out of the room and I chase after her and I tap her on the shoulder and I awkward go like...oh hey, I uh....I think you're really cute, just wondering if I could get your number...bro I didn't even introduce myself or tell her I was in her class LOL...so she's like uh...I gotta go, but um...find me on facebook, and she walks away. As I'm walking to the bus, I'm like wait a minute...I didn't even get her name, how am I supposed to find her on facebook...LOOOOL.

This second one was also sometime in university, just for context in how old I was lol, but it was in a church setting. So I did this project thing with this group and there was this one girl who I thought was really cool and we had a bunch of good conversations. So after the project ended, I kept in contact with her and we were talking for a good while. So I would always jokingly be like oh hey let me buy you dinner one day and she'd always be like oh haha nah it's cool (read the signs Rodmond). So I kept pushing and I was like nah forreal what day are you free, let's grab dinner. She was like nah I don't think that's a good idea...and the next words that came out of her mouth I'll never forget because it was so jokes and hella serious at the same time. So she was like yeah nah I don't think that's a good idea, what are your intentions???? LOOOL I dunno if you've ever had a girl or guy ask you that before, but I was with a group of friends and I showed them and they were like daaaaaamnnnn. Obviously in a christian context like we continued the conversation and she was like oh yeah it's not what I'm looking for atm and I don't wanna like cause you to stumble or be tempted lol, it was a hella lengthy conversation I was like yeah, honestly I know the answer should be marriage (I was probs like hella early 20's) but I just wanna get to know you better tbh and she was like yeah well yu can do that through messenger lol...so that was the end of that lol.

So this third one is somewhat recent...I think, definitely within like these past 3-4 years, is that recent? Anyways, so I matched with this girl on tinder and we hit it off instantly, the conversation was dope and we would talk on the phone till like 3-4 am every night and I hate talking on the phone lol. So anyways, she found out I had a blog and she instantly fell in love...I kid you not, like she was in love with the blog and like so inspired by it, it was kinda creepy but jokes and flattering at the same time. Keep in mind we still hadn't met up yet, we were probably talking for like 2-3 weeks already, so we finally met up and I just feel like I wasn't what she expected lol. I think she wanted me to be some inspiring, insightful, hella poetic ass kinda dude LOL. I mean...I am, to a certain extent, but I'm a goofy dude (something I used to see as a negative about myself, save that for another time) and I like to joke around and I'm serious about half the time or when I need to be lol. So my theory is that I feel like she fell in love with RT...or the dude who writes to you on this blog, who's words you're reading right now. I know it's weird, but hear me out...I feel like some people see the blog as a different person, like a different side or different persona of mine...I've definitely gotten it before...in my younger years, the girls that I would chill with would be like you're so different on the blog...only because I would write about them rather than talking about our problems. Anyways, yeah, I feel like this girl was in love with the blog and I guess I didn't live up to her expectations in real life lol...that one definitely stung a bit only because we really hit it off and I'm a sucker for that shit...but oh well, live and learn, pick up the ball and shoot another shot...till tomorrow, DEUCES.

No comments:

Post a Comment