WELCOME


Rodmond - RT - RTtheRealest

"Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking in anything." James 1:2-4

"Whatever you do in life, make sure you follow your heart. Nobody can see your vision like you can see it."

A personal blog, an unfiltered and uncensored place of expression, a personal journal.

EST 12/15/2009

Thursday, December 05, 2019

From The Heart

Day 5/31

So if you're not familiar with this segment, From The Heart is what it sounds like...nothing fancy, just a little something from the heart. So I haven't been going to church lately...and by lately I mean a couple months, it's been a weird time in my life lately...a time of discovery of self, of life and of everything around me. Don't get me around...to the core, I truly still believe, but how I like to describe it is that I'm taking a detour from the path I “know” that I'm supposed to be on...and that eventually, I'll get back on track, in time...maybe I'll expand on that in another post. But let's move on...so I'm currently in school for social service work in a 2 year program and in my second, third and fourth semester I need to find placement that's realted to my field. So my search for a placement in January was super loaft...they told us about it in early September but obvs your boy procrastinated because what else is new. I had an interview with one that I really wanted but didn't end up getting it. I was applying very sparingly even tho I knew time wasn't on my side. So I applied and had an interview for this one a week ago...this christian youth organization and I left feeling really good and they gave me a really good vibe that I'd get it. I was still really stressed though because I hadn't applied to many other placements, it was already December and time was literally running out. Like I wasn't even stressed about my presentations or even exams cuz that's light...I was more stressed about finding a placement for January. So these past few days I was like shoot...it's almost been a week and they haven't emailed me or anything...maybe I should send a follow up email or something...I was getting super antsy like shoot, if I don't get this I really have to go hard and apply and take whatever I can get, I have to let my coordinator know and the pressure would really be on. Low and behold...today in class, I get an email from the organization saying congratulations we'd like to offer you a placement position. Bro...I was so excited you don't understand. But moreso...I was like damn...this was definitely God, like this was definitely a sign...I really wanted that first placement I interviewed for and I was stressed to the core because I had a month left to find a placement where most people had already found placements ages ago...and low and behold...I get a placement at a christian organization...a partof my life I've been neglecting and ignoring...it's honestly crazy how things work out. First thing I did was text my boy cuz he was always encouraging me and supporting me and he was like yo man let me know how it goes cuz I feel like I'm invested in this too. It's funny because I've been seeing signs...like of God trying to reach out to me. I bumped into my old Teens Conference (a christian conference for high school kids) co coach at the gym and we had a really good conversation. Every now and then my friends are always asking me like oh how're you doing, have you been going to church, I'm praying for you, take your time and all that...and I appreciate that dearly. Honestly, getting this specific placement out of all the places I could have gotten...is no coincidence for sure...all the stress and anxiety building up to this point...was no coincidence. And for those worrying about me falling off too hard...know that your boy is doing okay...I may not be on the right track right now, but I'm figuring things out...and I won't (or hope I won't) let things get too out of control where I stumble completely off the path...it's just a detour, and with all detours...they eventually lead you back onto the right path...so yeah, I hope y'all have been enjoying these daily posts, and if not...sorry lol, if y'all find it annoying...then TOO BAD SUCKA...lol but thank you as always for supporting me...till tomorrow, peace.From The Heart

No comments:

Post a Comment