WELCOME


Rodmond - RT - RTtheRealest

"Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking in anything." James 1:2-4

"Whatever you do in life, make sure you follow your heart. Nobody can see your vision like you can see it."

A personal blog, an unfiltered and uncensored place of expression, a personal journal.

EST 12/15/2009

Tuesday, December 10, 2019

A Trip Down Memory Lane

Day 10/31

So I was talking to my dad today and I said something and he was like oh you never tell me anything, you always tell your mom lol. I didn't tell him this, but for one...I drive my mom to work a lot of the times or I'll drive myself to the bus stop for school while she's in the car then she'll drive home so there's a lot of time for just random conversation lol. Second, whenever I do tell stuff to my dad he somehow always, ALWAYS turns it into some sort of lecture lol and sometimes I'm just not bout that lol. Anyways, so we were talking and my dad always asks me random questions out of the blue sometimes...his favourite is to ask me how certain friends are doing...like I'm talking about friends he's maybe met once or twice and like hardly knows...the randomest of people lol. He'll be like oh hey, this person stopped by my store today, didn't you go to high school with him, how's he doing? I'm like dad, I went to high school with him, that' it lol. Anyways, so he was doing that today...just asking me oh, how's this person doing, how's that person doing...but these people were people a little closer to me you could say, friends...people I've chilled with and hung out with. So he would ask me oh how's this person, how's that person, are they still living here, are they still working here. And what was funny and kinda jokes when he kept asking me was my responses...because a lot of it was...I dunno, haven't seen them in a while, we don't talk anymore, a lot along those lines...and it really made me sit and think for a second about the chunk of people who I'd say I'm pretty friendly with...that I just don't talk to, don't see or haven't heard from in a while. So the conversation continued and I kinda flipped it onto my dad lol cuz I've definitely seen a lot of people come and go into my household and in my head I was like hmm what happened to this dude, he doesn't come over anymore or what happened to this dude I don't see him anymore. So I started name dropping like oh what happened to this person and this person and this person. And he would tell me like oh this person left the church so we don't talk anymore, this person moved to another country, this person moved to a different city and stuff. There are still friends that he keeps in contact with very frequently even tho they live really far away. It got me thinking about my own life, my own friends...what happens when we inevitably get married, move out, move away, have less time, priorities shift, all that jazz. You see each other less because of maybe family, distance, work, whatever it may be. It's crazy to think...will you still keep in contact? I remember my old teacher telling me how after a long day of work and having to make dinner and put the kids to bed, he just wants to spend some time with the wife and knockout lol...how there isn't anymore time for friends or just hanging out with the boys...maybe once a month or once in a while...and I won't lie that scared me a bit, but it made sense. Your wife, your kids, your family are gonna be your priority and who you want to spend your time with, your wife becomes like your best friend...someone you confide in. When you think about family, work, bills, self and all that jazz...it's like man, is there even any room or time for friends? Just an interesting thought I had after a good conversation with my dad, till tomorrow...peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment