WELCOME


Rodmond - RT - RTtheRealest

"Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking in anything." James 1:2-4

"Whatever you do in life, make sure you follow your heart. Nobody can see your vision like you can see it."

A personal blog, an unfiltered and uncensored place of expression, a personal journal.

EST 12/15/2009

Thursday, July 16, 2015

Same Thing, Diffferent Perspective

Read this first to fully understand where I'm coming from...
http://thebestyouneverheard.blogspot.ca/2014/11/early-experiences-of-heartbreak.html

Now I understand why people always tell you to sleep on it and maybe things will change tomorrow or you'll see it different. My teacher used to say  write your essay, then proofread it tomorrow and you'll see and read it different and point out mistakes you wouldn't normally point out if you edited it right after you wrote it. Another example would be at church...pastors and preachers using the same verses, but taking away difference things out of it. Couple weeks ago, I visited my teacher and we were just talking about old times...I brought up that moment in the link above...I was like man...I remember missing that serve, losing the game, sitting in the stairwell as you were talking and just having my head down...the whole atmosphere in that stairwell was dreary cuz we were all disappointed we lost. He's like wow, that's what you remember from that season...I remember it so much differently...I remember team dinners, practising till the sun went down and I remember a team that was told they weren't good enough and managed to make it to final 4 and got third, I was like wow...as he said those words...I was like dang, cuz I always thought he was disappointed in us...cuz in all his years coaching at that school...our year, that year...had the most potential to win it all, he always says that himself. But to hear that he remembered it so much differently...is crazy...and eye opening. That you might see something one way...heck, you might even see YOURSELF one way, but others may see that same thing or YOU in a completely different light. You may see yourself as uncool, ugly, unintelligent, whatever...but someone else might see you as caring, friendly and beautiful. It's all about perspective. I don't really have a main point here, it's kinda just a bunch of random things that came to mind. I've never thought I was the most good looking guy...or the coolest guy...or the guy who got the most girls...but hey, someone out there thinks the world of me...and someone out there thinks the world of you too. So whatever negative feeling you're feeling about yourself or whatever...know someone sees it completely differently. That's why I'm such an on the fence kinda guy...I don't like picking sides because I like to see and understand all sides. I'll be gone this weekend at my church's annual retreat, will def update you when I'm back. On a brighter note, my fam booked a vacay in August for a week in Cuba at a resort...super excited, till next time, PEACE.

No comments:

Post a Comment