WELCOME


Rodmond - RT - RTtheRealest

"Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking in anything." James 1:2-4

"Whatever you do in life, make sure you follow your heart. Nobody can see your vision like you can see it."

A personal blog, an unfiltered and uncensored place of expression, a personal journal.

EST 12/15/2009

Sunday, July 12, 2015

One Of The Most Encouraging Things You Can Say...

You may or may not agree with me, but that's okay, this is my personal opinion. I feel one of the most encouraging and comforting things you can say...or rather ask someone is "how can I pray for you?" In the past 2 weeks, I've had some very nice and much needled conversations with friends and towards the end, boy of them said...how can I pray for you. And that's encouraging as heck...to know that someone cares about you enough to want to pray for you. It made me think of my church family and how appreciate and thankful I am to have them there for me, checking up on me and making sure I'm okay or haven't like disappeared off the face of the earth. And that's what I think separates me christian friends from my non christian friends...that intimate connection you can create within minutes just my sharing struggles, sins or how God has or is working in your life. Being asked "how can I pray for you" automatically breaks down my walls...for me at least, I just feel inclined to be honest and share with what I'm struggling with so they can pray for me accordingly, that's one thing I love about the church community...cuz of the 2 conversations in the past 2 weeks...one is a close brother in Christ and one is someone I don't know too well, but am cool with. The church community brings together and creates an intimacy between friends, strangers, brothers, sisters...and that's super encouraging to see and experience. I hope you, like these 2 amazing brothers of mine...can and will take that initiative to ask your fellow brothers and sisters how you can pray for them...but on a serious note, don't take that question lightly, if you ask it, mean it, don't just say it for the sake of saying it. Genuinely pray for them, cuz chances are if they're being open and honest with you about whatever it is, they could use the prayer and the encouragement.

"As iron sharpens iron, so one person sharpens another." Proverbs 27:17

No comments:

Post a Comment