WELCOME


Rodmond - RT - RTtheRealest

"Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking in anything." James 1:2-4

"Whatever you do in life, make sure you follow your heart. Nobody can see your vision like you can see it."

A personal blog, an unfiltered and uncensored place of expression, a personal journal.

EST 12/15/2009

Monday, July 27, 2015

My Spirit Animal

You know how people always ask questions like oh if you could be one animal, what would you be? I've always wanted to be something cool like a lion, the king of the jungle or a wolf, sometimes travelling in a pack and sometimes a lone wolf. But one night, I was trying to sleep and for some reason, I was like hm, I'm def not a lion, a lion is the alpha, the top of the food chain, that's definitely not me. I don't think I'm a wolf, wolves are ferocious, calculated...I sat there thinking about my interactions with my friends, with strangers, with people I've just met...and I'm like, hmmm....I've got it...I\m a turtle...LOOOOOL. A turtle is often pretty cautious...withdrawing in it's shell if it senses danger, putting up a guard if it's uncomfortable. That's kinda like me...I pick and choose my moments to let my guard down. I've been told that I can be hard to approach sometimes and that's true, I put up my guard...or I hide in my shell per say. But at the same time I've been told that I'm very friendly and I have a warm personality...so like a turtle...I guess it's 50/50 with me...some days, I'm in my shell and some days I'm not. Sometimes, I get frightened or nervous and hide in my shell and proceed with caution. Funny story, pretty sure I've told this before....couple years ago, I went to this retreat with my 2 friends and we didn't really know anybody. My 2 friends bunked together, so I ended up sharing a room and a bed with a stranger, I ended up being pretty cool with the guy, he was a friendly guy. So we're sleeping, and we're just talking, keep in mind we're in the same bed, he goes hey man...when I saw you walk in with your boys, I told myself, that guy looks really friendly, I sensed that you had a really warm personality and I was right...LOOOOL I was in bed trying to sleep like uh...thanks man, kinda weirded out, but thankful for the compliment lol. Thinking back to that story, it was hilarious lol...The more I think about it, a turtle suits me pretty well, I'm not a very aggressive, violent or physical person, I'm pretty passive, I like to chill and sort things out passively and calmly lol...just call me Franklin I guess.


No comments:

Post a Comment