WELCOME


Rodmond - RT - RTtheRealest

"Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking in anything." James 1:2-4

"Whatever you do in life, make sure you follow your heart. Nobody can see your vision like you can see it."

A personal blog, an unfiltered and uncensored place of expression, a personal journal.

EST 12/15/2009

Monday, July 06, 2015

What's Your Motivation?

So a couple weeks ago, I was at the gym working legs...and no lie, the weights were kicking my butt. I was doing squats...and I was hating every moment of it...wanted to quit so bad. That's when it hit me...I started thinking about my friends...about how competitive I am, wanting to constantly better myself and better than them, not in a boastful way, but in like an improving way you know. I look up to my friends...in a lot of things...working out, basketball, whatever...and it pushes me to keep up with them or surpass them. I then started thinking about my enemies...or the people I don't really like...I think about surpassing them in every way...I think about the hard work they put in, them trash talking me, telling me I'm not good enough...and that pushes me to push and give it my all. I think about all the times I've been told I'm not good enough, I didn't make the cut, to come back next time. I think about elementary school, not making the basketball team. I think about high school, not making the volleyball or basketball teams. I think about dislocating my knee. All these things push me and drive me to make myself better each and every day. To prove to everyone and more so to prove to myself hey, you're not only good enough, you can be head and shoulders better than everyone...IF you're willing to put in the work. I won't lie...I won't lie...my friends and the people around me give me so much motivation...and it's in a positive way...say basketball, I think about specific people, friends, peers...about pushing myself to get to their level, to be better than them . I think about coaches and teachers who told me I wasn't good enough...it pushes me to work hard and let them know they were wrong. So thank you...for doubting me, for not believing me...but more importantly for pushing me to become better.

No comments:

Post a Comment