WELCOME


Rodmond - RT - RTtheRealest

"Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking in anything." James 1:2-4

"Whatever you do in life, make sure you follow your heart. Nobody can see your vision like you can see it."

A personal blog, an unfiltered and uncensored place of expression, a personal journal.

EST 12/15/2009

Saturday, January 18, 2014

Climbing Your Inner Ladder

I was having dinner with my dad and he like he always does started lecturing me about life and such. He was talking about my brother and me, and just life, jobs, finance, things like that. And he was saying how life is like climbing a ladder...and he pointed out that my brother is stuck at a certain point at the ladder...he's not even halfway yet, but he's content you know. He's content with where he's at, even though he sees how high there is left to go and how much room there is to climb higher, he's content with where he is. Not only is he content with where he is, but he's scared to move up or down...for fear of failure...for fear of falling. Then he started looking at me...and said that in life, you have to keep climbing up, climbing the ladder...or you'll never know what's ins tore for you. Like my brother for example is stuck in this phase of his life...working the same job for 5 years, no change...but he's scared of change...and this fear of change prevents him from improving at all. Cuz he's scared to try and look for a new job for fear of failure...he's content, he's comfortable. Then I just look at my life...how I want to keep climbing the ladder and see what I can do, see what my potential or where my potential can get me. I don't wanna be stuck in the same place. Yeah I might fail or fall off the ladder or get knocked down a few steps...but that\s part of life...and there's nothing stopping me from getting back on the ladder or trying to climb up again you know. I guess the biggest thing I took away is that it's crazy how the fear of change and failure can stunt your growth and prevent you from imrpoving.

No comments:

Post a Comment