WELCOME


Rodmond - RT - RTtheRealest

"Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking in anything." James 1:2-4

"Whatever you do in life, make sure you follow your heart. Nobody can see your vision like you can see it."

A personal blog, an unfiltered and uncensored place of expression, a personal journal.

EST 12/15/2009

Wednesday, December 04, 2013

Words Of Wisdom

"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take."

My friend said this to me just now...and man did it ever hit home. If you never take the shot...you already miss because you're never even giving yourself that opportunity to succeed. This is a reminder for me...in everything in my life...that if I don't take that chance, I'll never know and always have that what if in the back of my mind. He then told me...what have you got to lose...and really what do I have to lose in my current situation. Honestly, that conversation with him was really helpful...it was definitely exactly what I needed...like literally exactly...I'm still kinda blown away at how every word he said literally hit home. I've only told him and my other friend about this...haven't even told you guys. But any ways...back to the quote...it's true you know...whether trying out for a team, trying to lose weight, asking a girl out...anything...if you don't even try...you're selling yourself short...you're labelling yourself a failure before anything has even happened. If you try...if you take the shot...so you miss...bounce back and take another shot. Same with life...if you fail, bounce back and go at it again. I guess in life...me especially...we're afraid of failure, of rejection, of not being good enough...but man...that quote honestly gave me strength. Thank you.

1 comment: