WELCOME


Rodmond - RT - RTtheRealest

"Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking in anything." James 1:2-4

"Whatever you do in life, make sure you follow your heart. Nobody can see your vision like you can see it."

A personal blog, an unfiltered and uncensored place of expression, a personal journal.

EST 12/15/2009

Tuesday, December 03, 2013

Dear God

Thought I'd share this with you guys...there's also an interesting story behind it as well. Pretty much for worship night this past Saturday, while we were practising like weeks before...my friend had asked me to rap and I at first was like sure, but then assumed he was joking cuz he never ended up really giving me a legit answer. So when we ended up practising, they ended up confirming like yeah you are gonna do a rap lol. So I remember that same night, I couldn't sleep it was like 12 am or something and I was like hey...why not start writing...and I ended up finishing the whole thing and didn't change it at all cuz I actually liked how it turned out. I performed it this past Saturday, too bad I couldn't get someone to record it for me...but I think one of my friends has some footage, but anyways, here's the 16 for you guys...

Dear God, I don't understand
Help me strive to be what You see as a Godly man
You say we're called to be the salt and light of all the land
But God I'm weak and it feels hard, so I don't think I can
A question burning in my head is do I trust Your plan
That one day we'll be sitting humbly at Your right hand
Your grace and mercy are the reason why my feet stand
And Your gospel is the reason I'm a free man
So may Your light shine through us like a glass wall
And may Your love be the reason why we stand tall
So I can boldly praise Your name with no fear at all
And conquer the highest mountains with no fear to fall
I know with God by our side we shouldn't fear a thing
Because He's greater than the sins that the devil brings
Eyes closed I walk by faith, I know that I'll be fine
Because the light of the whole wide world shines

No comments:

Post a Comment