WELCOME


Rodmond - RT - RTtheRealest

"Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking in anything." James 1:2-4

"Whatever you do in life, make sure you follow your heart. Nobody can see your vision like you can see it."

A personal blog, an unfiltered and uncensored place of expression, a personal journal.

EST 12/15/2009

Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Getting Started...

I don't know why getting started seems to be one of if not the hardest part when it comes to completing a task. Whether that's cleaning your room, writing an essay, writing a card, writing a poem/verse, planning things...getting started always seems to be the hardest part. Like cleaning my room for example...my parents will nag me every single day to clean my room and it's actually the biggest hassle to get started, but say I get bored one day, jamming to music, start folding some clothes here and there and bam...next thing you know I'm cleaning my room lol. Or...in this example which has been relevant in my and probably a lot of your lives...staring at that blank screen or blank page thinking of what to write for your essay...but when you finally do put down something that makes sense, the words just begin to flow naturally and you can't stop. It literally is like a snowball effect lol. Some more recent examples in my life were worship night that happened a few weeks ago and the Christmas program in a few weeks...before any practice got started, I was stressed as heck cuz there was so much to discuss and finalize, but when we finally started practising and getting the ball rolling, things just began to flow naturally. My favourite example however is writing a verse or writing poetry...often when people ask me or tell me they want me to write or perform something, that ain't usually how it works for me...which is usually why it takes me so long or there'll be long hiatuses where I put nothing out. Cuz I'm the type of person who just writes when something comes to my head...but when something does come to my head, I won't stop, I'll actually keep going until I finish. So when people ask me how long it takes to write a verse or a rap...I honestly tell them a few days....literally I write most of them in a day because it's fresh in my head, I'm inspired and I'm motivated...the rest of the time is usually if I get any more inspiration to add or change it in case I feel something sounds better. But yeah...getting started seems to be the hardest process...like when a snowball falls down a hill...it starts small and doesn't seem like bunch and may take a while...but eventually, after a bit of time, it gets bigger and starts rolling faster...so yeah lol

No comments:

Post a Comment