WELCOME


Rodmond - RT - RTtheRealest

"Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking in anything." James 1:2-4

"Whatever you do in life, make sure you follow your heart. Nobody can see your vision like you can see it."

A personal blog, an unfiltered and uncensored place of expression, a personal journal.

EST 12/15/2009

Sunday, October 28, 2012

Random Thoughts

I wrote this yesterday at like 1:15 am on my phone cuz I knew I would forget in the morning, but just lots of events triggered a bunch of thoughts in my head and of course Drake's graduation speech spoke volumes to me, but yeah, here it is...

I don't want my life to be defined by the parties I go to, how many friends I have, how many drunk nights where I've thrown up and can't remember what happened the night before. I dunno, I guess just Halloween being on Wednesday and a lot of people partying this weekend, I've never been a big party person, I'll go here and there to a jam or two just for the sake of it, but it's not really my thing you know. I don't really like to drink and if you go to a party, you can pretty much expect drinking to be a major part of it. I'm also not a big fan or believer of hooking up or meeting people that way either, I guess you can call me old fashioned lol. Today at my friend's bday dinner, a lot of people were drinking and a lot of people were hyping up about drinking, my first initial thoughts were, we're all christians, we're all chrildren of God, yet if random strangers look at us right now...will they see a difference? We're talking about and acting like the world. People were talking about how much they know about alcohol and how they're so excited to drink and all that nonsense. And it was pretty crazy since our old pastor was there as well. But yeah, I dunno, it was really awkward U guess, then I also thought about Drake's graduation speech, how he said popularity, image, being cool and all that stuff...doesn't matter in the end. It doesn't matter in university and stuff. I thought that was so true...like I don't even know who's on any sports teams, on school council or whatever, and I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one. But yet, in high school, we work so hard and try so hard to conform, to fit in, to make people think we're cool and stuff...and I was just wondering damn...that's so true. Now that I'm older and I'm in university...I'm slowly caring less about what people think, and really just trying to live my life for me and for God. I guess, with all that experience in my pocket...that's what I really want to teach and to let the younger generation know...not to make that same mistake cuz it's not going to last...that popularity and that feeling of being on top...won't last you know, but yeah.

I dunno...those were just random thoughts last night lol...

No comments:

Post a Comment