WELCOME


Rodmond - RT - RTtheRealest

"Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking in anything." James 1:2-4

"Whatever you do in life, make sure you follow your heart. Nobody can see your vision like you can see it."

A personal blog, an unfiltered and uncensored place of expression, a personal journal.

EST 12/15/2009

Thursday, October 11, 2012

From The Heart: Death

You know, I've never experienced anyone close to my ever dying before. There's only one moment in my life...and I was really young, like early elementary school I think. My aunt passed away with cancer...I forgot which kind though. She had a husband and 3 kids, 2 daughters and 1 son. I remember being really little and all my cousins are older than me...it was my first time being at a funeral, I was way too young to understand what was going on or feel any emotion. All I know what I had to wear black and had to be really quiet and respectful. During the whole ceremony, I didn't understand what was happening, thought it was boring. Went to this room with food and just snacked on candy and hot chocolate...it was a good time for me...but to others, it was like a punch to the heart. When the ceremony started and the oldest daughter and son went up to speak, they could barely get through a sentence, they kept crying and crying...the youngest daughter who was only a few years older than me at the time was at her seat crying. I remember after the service, we went to some place where her coffin and body were going to be cremated...and just before they were about to do it...the oldest daughter came from the crowd screaming and yelling...cuz she didn't want to press the button, she didn't want to lose her mom...she kept yelling and screaming not to push the button, not to take her mom away from her. Present day...their whole family is kinda eh right now...the oldest daughter is married with a little boy and they've moved out. The oldest son has a girlfriend and I believe he's moved out, not permanently. The youngest daughter I believe is a few years older than me, but she never went to university or college, just went straight to work after high school...so she's moved from job to job. She lives at home with my uncle, her dad...who's just really sad nowadays you know, my parents and my other aunts and uncles often call him up to chill or go for lunch, but yeah. Pretty much...now that I'm older and more mature...if someone close to me died...family or friend...I dunno what I would, how I would react. I think the closer the person is to me...II would be exactly the same, I wouldn't be able to control myself, I'd be crying and simply at a loss for words...damn, that's a scary though. Life is so precious...be thankful and appreciative, it could end at any given moment. As well, appreciate the people around you...count your blessings, not your problems.

No comments:

Post a Comment