WELCOME


Rodmond - RT - RTtheRealest

"Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking in anything." James 1:2-4

"Whatever you do in life, make sure you follow your heart. Nobody can see your vision like you can see it."

A personal blog, an unfiltered and uncensored place of expression, a personal journal.

EST 12/15/2009

Monday, March 01, 2021

Guest Writer #37: Inner Self

#8: TC
#18: SpeakingMyMind
#26 

Hello friends, I'm very excited to be bringing back to y'all the guest posts but only for the month of March! Meaning I'm gonna hit you with a guest post every week of March. So I originally thought to myself that I wanted to retire the guest posts at 50, but tbh it's pretty hard to find guest posts cuz I don't really have that many friends and the guest posts are definitely more personal and take a lot more openness and honesty which not everyone is comfortable with which is totally understandable. Which is why I wanted to end it at 40 since it's a round number and shift my focus to the Ask TheAudience series because it's definitely more casual and easier to simply ask people questions rather than having them write an entire post. But with that, if y'all are new here, the guest posts are something that was created super organically. One of my friends hit me up a long time ago and was like hey can I write a post on your blog and I was like wtf that's so random, it's my blog...but then I thought about it and was like yo, that's a dope concept, having different people write posts about whatever they choose and give y'all different insights and perspectives. And with that I opened the door for friends or people in general to reach out to me if they wanted to write a post on my blog and over the years I've been super blessed to have so many different friends, peers and the likeness write some super dope, funny, personal, inspiring and encouraging guest posts. So I hope y'all enjoy and also take the time to show some of the previous guest posts some love cuz it def took time, energy and courage to write one. Enjoy, and I'll see y'all soon, peace!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Forward

So far 2021 has been a pretty busy year. I’m currently about to finish school and it’s been kind of crazy as I am also in the process of prepping and applying for jobs. It just feels a little overwhelming as it seems like a lot is slowly piling up. As much as it is stressful, in a way, I’m really happy that I have a goal for what I need to do after school is over. I have a clear idea of what I want to do, where I want to be and how I can get there but at the same time, I doubt myself a lot. I definitely have these negative thoughts where sometimes I feel like I’m behind or I’m not where I’m supposed to be… Something that I’ve learned about myself is that I often check up on my friends and they’ll tell me how they’re doing and somehow, I’ll just start to compare myself to what they’re doing in life even when we’re not in the same stream of schooling or work. So, I have this one buddy of mine and we’ve been boys since high school. I think he’s really successful and I definitely look to him as someone that motivates me. So, one time I had a heart to heart convo with him on the topic of work and success. I told him how it’s always a good time catching up with him but then it sucks at the same time because I can’t help but compare myself to him when he tells me how well he’s doing. He told me not to do that because we’re all doing different things… and what’s the point of comparing anyways. I’m not in a race with him or anyone. I’m in my own marathon. As long as I’m taking proactive steps to get closer to my goals then I can’t be too hard on myself. Even if it’s one tiny step closer. I know this is common sense, but you know how sometimes perspectives just hits differently when it is coming from someone you got a lot of respect for you know? But ya.. I guess what I’m trying to say is I hope you all are moving forward and getting closer and closer to your goals. Don’t compare yourself with anyone and just continue to focus on improving yourself!

No comments:

Post a Comment