WELCOME


Rodmond - RT - RTtheRealest

"Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking in anything." James 1:2-4

"Whatever you do in life, make sure you follow your heart. Nobody can see your vision like you can see it."

A personal blog, an unfiltered and uncensored place of expression, a personal journal.

EST 12/15/2009

Friday, March 05, 2021

When The Blog Blows Up...

When I was younger and I first started the blog, the only real goal was to blow up. I feel like I sometimes still go through phases of wanting the blog to 'blow up',like it just takes ONE famous or even semi-famous person to tweet or post about my blog and I'm set LOL, that's how I used to think at least. I used to think to myself if the blog ever hit a million views, it'll mean we've blown up...I say if cuz honestly I never thought we'd ever hit a million views lol it just seemed like just a large and unattainable number, but we did/ I think back to a conversation I had with a friend where he straight up told me “your blog will never up”. And he didn't say this in a ill=mannered or rude way, but he wa more like people just don\t care LOL. I know it sounds rude but it's not, he's like think about it...it's a blog about your life, it's a dope blog but like why would some random person on the street care about clicking onto a blog about some dude's personal life. And when he put it like that, it really sat with me and I was like damn, you're so right. I don't offer no fashion tips or food recipes or anything of real “value” if you will, it's literally just my life and my experiences, some advice here and there...why wiuld the average person that doesn't know me care or even be remotely curious about my blog lol. In that context, I understoof and was like yeah, my blog probably will never blow up. But then I camme to this new realization...of like sure maybe the blog will never blow up, I'll never influence millions of people, but maybe that's not the purpose of this blog. Maybe the path I'm on is to influence and affect the circle and the people around me. Like over the years I've received a lot of dope messages from friends, old classmates, social media buddies who were like yo I really related to this post or I really liked this post or this post really nelped me out and those words meant the world to me. I thought o myself like yeah some people are meant to influence, inspire and encourage large crowds and bodies of people, but maybe some peopleare meant to just do that to a small handful of the people that surround you. I kinda imagine some like motivational workshop or something, just because like 10 people attend your workshop vs 100 at another person's workshop doesn't make what you're saying any less important, it just means you're only speaking to the 10 people. I kinda feel simiar to that of like well maybe the blog will never blow up and I'll never inspire the masses LOOOOL but like maybe I'm just meant to encourage, inspire and motivate the people around me and that in itself was such a dope and reassuring feeling. I remind myself of that now and it helps me to keep moving forwad, even if I can help one person who's going through a difficult situation by giving them some insight, or maybe some comfort or whatever, that's good enough you know. Again, I just think back to all the people that have reahed out to me over the years and I'm super thankful to even have this platform and have this voice for people to read, relate, laugh, enjoy, etc. So yeah, with that...I'll see y'all next week, GUEST POST ON MONDAY!

No comments:

Post a Comment