WELCOME


Rodmond - RT - RTtheRealest

"Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking in anything." James 1:2-4

"Whatever you do in life, make sure you follow your heart. Nobody can see your vision like you can see it."

A personal blog, an unfiltered and uncensored place of expression, a personal journal.

EST 12/15/2009

Sunday, January 31, 2016

How Do You Know When It's Time To Move On?

I know it's been a while, I know I've been gone, thank you for your patience with me.

How do you know when it's time to move on? Is it when you feel you aren't growing with them? Is it when you aren't happy and aren't feeling or seeing any joy around them? Or is it simply when you yourself just feel empty...like there's nothing left. When do you tell yourself, I think I've done all that I can do for you, If you remember Pokemon, I used to make fun of Ash for being so stupid and giving away all his pokemon...Charizard, Squirtle, Butterfree, Pigeot...I would always tell people he's so stupid for giving away all his pokemon. But now as I got older...I realized he gave them away because he knew that he had done all that he could do with them, that under him...they've grown as much as they possibly can, letting them go was letting them be free to grow on their own, to take on the next stage of life If names like Charizard and Squirtle don't mean anything to you...pretty much imagine a child growing up in his family. He doesn't stay with his family forever, he grows and learns and matures until he can't grow and learn and mature anymore under his parents...there comes a time where he must leave and go on his own to learn and grow and mature on his own, by himself, he must move on. Which brings me to my opening question...how do you know when it's time to move on? How do you discern between running away from your problems versus realizing you've done all that you can do and the best thing that you can do is to move on. Are you simply not moving on because something or someone is holding you back...obligation, responsibility, loyalty, what is it? One of the worst parts is when you try to think of a reason to stay (aside from the listed) and you can't. When you feel no love, no excitement, no purpose or direction...do you address it...or realize you've done all that you can do and the only thing left to do is move on. I know my thoughts are all over the place, I don't blame you if you don't understand where I'm coming from. My biggest thing right now is struggling with whether all this is temporary feeling or something permanent and lingering that's been developing for a while. Whether this is my own feeling and my own will and temptation to fall...vs God's will and his plan to open new doors for me.


No comments:

Post a Comment