WELCOME


Rodmond - RT - RTtheRealest

"Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking in anything." James 1:2-4

"Whatever you do in life, make sure you follow your heart. Nobody can see your vision like you can see it."

A personal blog, an unfiltered and uncensored place of expression, a personal journal.

EST 12/15/2009

Friday, January 01, 2016

HAPPY NEW YEAR

HEY FOLKS...happy new year...today is the first day of 2016, I hope you've had time to reflect and look back on 2015, the good...the bad...the memorable, all that good stuff. Also, I hope you had a wonderful new years eve, whether you spent it with family or friends or buy yourself, hope you enjoyed counting down the new year, out with the old and in with the new am I right? Usually, every year I chill with a bunch of friends...church friends, school friends and all that jazz. Usually it's at my house or someone else's house but it's usually a couple of friends and I doing the planning. This year was a bit different...this year I was invited to go to a cottage for new years eve and a couple of days after with a group of church friends. I felt bad initially just cuz I'm so used to and I wanted to spend new years eve like I always do, with a bunch of my friends from all the groups that I hang out with. I  was leaning towards staying at home because I figured if I went, a lot of my friends wouldn't have anything to do on new years eve, that and also I thought I would have more fun with them. So I had a talk with one of my homies and he was telling me to go, that it was a good opportunity and a nice and different way to spend new years, long story short he convinced me to go and now here I am writing this post to you from Prince Edward County...like a 2,.5 hour drive from Markham. Lemme tell you it's been such a fun trip so far. Yesterday we got in around 2-3 ish and the cottage was absolutely beautiful...behind it is the lake and you can tell it has to be amazing in the summer, but even now it was still beautiful. It's nice to just get away from all the stresses of life and just be around people you care about and who make you happy. So last night we counted down, played games, made food, all that fun stuff...I didn't sleep till like 5 lol. So today, I didn't wake up till like 12 pretty much and today was such a loaft, chill day, but I love it...everyone just sitting around, watching movies, playing board games, napping, it's nice, it's cozy and it's peaceful cuz it doesn't happen often. I'm definitely glad I made the decision to go...I'm a perspective and mentality kinda person...what that means is that half of everything is how you see i and how you feel about it...I came into this trip feeling kinda 50/50, but I'm definitely thoroughly enjoying myself and am super glad I did this, it's not every year you get to get away to a cottage for new years with like 10 of your friends. I hope y'all had the privilege of celebrating new years in a fun, eventful and memorably way as well...and today, hope you're spending time with loved ones, or just relaxing after a long night haha, till next time, peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment