WELCOME


Rodmond - RT - RTtheRealest

"Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking in anything." James 1:2-4

"Whatever you do in life, make sure you follow your heart. Nobody can see your vision like you can see it."

A personal blog, an unfiltered and uncensored place of expression, a personal journal.

EST 12/15/2009

Monday, February 01, 2016

Real Friends, How Many Of Us?

So my brother and I both play this game that involves like leveling up and such and strategy and all that jazz, like any game. So I started before my brother, so I'm a bit ahead of him and got him introduced to everything and stuff. So as I've been telling him about the tips and tricks of the game, part of me was like hmm...maybe I shouldn't tell him everything, like all my tips, otherwise he might pass me and become better than me. The more I thought about it...dang that's a pretty messed up mentality to have, not just in a game but in life. People, your friends...wanna see you succeed, but only to a certain extent. They wanna see you do well, but not better than them. It just got me thinking about my life and I hope it gets you thinking about your life...how people are towards you and how you are towards other people. Genuine friends should be happy to see you succeed...your joy should bring them joy. If I'm getting an A in math class and you're getting a C and you ask me for help or tips/strategies that I use...I should be doing my very best to help you strive to get an A as well, not  try to help you improve but only up to a B because I don't want you to surpass me...or even worse gt upset when you get an A+ and I only have an A. But yeah, back to the game...so I've been really trying to help my brother improve, cuz I wanna see him get better...so I share all my tips and tricks and whatever with him...and try to fix any problems I see that he has. I hope that's the kinda person you are...or at least strive to be...to help your friends genuinely succeed, even if it means them doing better than you...who cares, they're your friend, it's not a competition. When all is said and done, if they're your real homie, you should be hella happy for them if they get a promotion, a high mark, or in general something nice. Don't be that shady friend who smiles but talks ish the minute the person turns their back. What kinda friend are you? And also, what kinda friends do you have in your life?

No comments:

Post a Comment