WELCOME


Rodmond - RT - RTtheRealest

"Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking in anything." James 1:2-4

"Whatever you do in life, make sure you follow your heart. Nobody can see your vision like you can see it."

A personal blog, an unfiltered and uncensored place of expression, a personal journal.

EST 12/15/2009

Friday, January 08, 2016

Love What You Do

So for those who know me, know my eyes are pretty bad lol, which is why I wear glasses. I haven't updated my prescription as of late, so I haven't been wearing them cuz there's no difference, so I'm pretty much blind lol, but I can still like drive and such. Any ways, so I went to this optometrist and she's actually the nicest lady ever, she looks really young and she's kinda cute tho, but I saw a wedding ring on her finger, so she's married LOL, but that's all irrelevant. She really cares about her job, I can tell...which brings me to my point today. I talked a bit before about why do you work...about whether money is your motivation. This post is a bit different...she kinda inspired this post...because I can tell she really cares about her job and about her patients. Any optometrist could've or would've just gave me a new prescription when I went in and sent me on my way. But she checked my eyes, saw something wrong and wanted to fix it, even if that meant seeing me every week or two weeks. I dunno, some people just see their job as okay...9 am is when I start, once 5 pm hits, I'm done, no questions asked you know. She could just see me as a patient and once my 30 minute or hour appointment is done, you're out the door. I get that feeling a lot of times...at the doctors or places in general...especially places with appointments, that they tend to rush you out as fast as possible...granted I understand they have other appointments and such, but literally they try to rush you out as fast as possible, not even using the fully allotted time. With my optometrist, it's really cool to see how much she cares and enjoys her job and genuinely wants to fix my eyes, not just constantly give me a better prescription every time my eyes get worse. It made me think about why do you do what you do...for the passion and genuine love for it...or just cuz it's your job you know. I've had this conversation a lot of times with lots of friends and there are some cases in which it's fully acceptable like if you're working to pay tuition off or as a part time job...but I'm talking full time work for the rest of your life...if you're doing it for the pay check and every person is just a number or an hour to you...I really question a lot of things. But yeah, sorry for the lack of posts, some days, I literally have nothing to talk about lol, nothing's been on as of late...I've been sick, if you're interested lol...I've really been trying to be still and to listen to whatever God wants me to hear...it's a new year, clean slate and I'm just trying to live and love life, ya feel...

No comments:

Post a Comment