WELCOME


Rodmond - RT - RTtheRealest

"Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking in anything." James 1:2-4

"Whatever you do in life, make sure you follow your heart. Nobody can see your vision like you can see it."

A personal blog, an unfiltered and uncensored place of expression, a personal journal.

EST 12/15/2009

Thursday, January 14, 2016

I Hate Growing Up

So I told y'all this was a 2 part post, unrelated really...but this post and the previous post were both inspired by the same conversation I had with a friend. I think just talking with a lot of my friends in general...makes me really hate growing up...and what it does to everyone. I think back to my days in high school, how carefree things were...spending a whole Saturday watching TV or gaming with my friends...chilling with the boys. I think now...when I talk to my friends...things are so different...we're all over the place...Queens, Waterloo, Western...anywhere and everywhere. It sucks when I talk to my friends and we catch up and stuff cuz it makes me think about old times...which literally feel like yesterday...but also feel like an eternity ago. Everyone's just busy now doing their own things...even my friends who go to school in town...I hardly see them cuz they're so busy or they choose to stay downtown, growing up really takes a toll on you, on your life, on your priorities. I'm SUPER thankful for my one group of friends who I get to see pretty often because we're all in the same boat of being at home for school...taking a bit longer than usual...we get to chill quite a bit and I'm super thankful and appreciative for that. But just thinking about my other friends...how busy they are, how far away they are, how often I used to see them and how much things have changed...it sucks, seeing everyone slowly go their own ways, but I'm also happy for them too, seeing them succeed and achieve their goals and seeing all their hard work pay off. I guess I'm a sentimental guy...reminiscing on old, carefree times with the boys...goofing around, doing thing, having school work to do, but it wasn't that important or fun compared to chilling with the homies...I miss it, I hate what growing up has done to me, to my friends. As another year has come to an end and I become another year older...I become less of a kid, storing away my childhood for good and insert myself more and more into adulthood...picking up more and more responsibilities and more and more challenges that come along with it. I guess the one thing that I do know and am hopeful for is that even as we all grow older...most of us will still stay friends, keep in contact and still find time to hang out with one another. As discouraging as it can be to see your friends do their own thing, it makes me really happy to see them strive, work hard and hustle for their goals, their dreams and reap the benefits. As a friend, I just gotta be there to support, cheer them on and comfort them whenever they need me.

No comments:

Post a Comment