WELCOME


Rodmond - RT - RTtheRealest

"Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking in anything." James 1:2-4

"Whatever you do in life, make sure you follow your heart. Nobody can see your vision like you can see it."

A personal blog, an unfiltered and uncensored place of expression, a personal journal.

EST 12/15/2009

Monday, January 11, 2016

Look At You, Now Look At Me

You know how people always tell you not to care about what people think, it's true. Also, you know how people say to be empathetic, to try to walk in someone else's shoes and understand how they're feeling, that's very true as well. What's on my mind kinda combines both in a way. Like I understand it's important not to care about what people think of you, not to do things or change for other people, to be yourself...BUT I do think it's very important to be aware of how people perceive you and the image that you present to others. So in a sense, stepping in someone else's shoes and taking a look at yourself. So it's not like you're doing this to try to change yourself to fit what other people like or whatever...it's more so just to be aware of the image you're presenting to others and if that's what how you're intending for yourself to be perceived. Does that sound complicated? Here's an example from my life...sometimes, I can be very loud, friendly and just naturally comfortable with people...I think I'm being friendly and funny. However, one of my friends told me that to another person, I came off as cocky and arrogant, so I was kinda taken back cuz I was like woah, really...I never would've thouht someone could see me or see my actions like that until my friend explained it to me and then it made sense, my friend explaining it to me let me step into the other person's shoes and take a look at myself from a different perspective. So yeah, it wasn't like offensive, I wasn't hurt or anything...but it was really interesting to hear and see that like you might be trying to come off as one thing or one way but someone might perceive it in a completely different way and matter, yeah...that's just my little thing for today, hope y'all are doing wonderful, PEACE.

No comments:

Post a Comment