WELCOME


Rodmond - RT - RTtheRealest

"Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking in anything." James 1:2-4

"Whatever you do in life, make sure you follow your heart. Nobody can see your vision like you can see it."

A personal blog, an unfiltered and uncensored place of expression, a personal journal.

EST 12/15/2009

Sunday, January 03, 2016

I'll Never See Her Again

This is less of a story and more of me genuinely trying to reach out to one specific person, hoping somehow this finds its way to her. I write this in sadness...if you're here because you think this is some love story about a girl, sorry to disappoint, it is about a girl, but it's not that kind of story. Lemme rewind you a bit...back to when I was in early elementary...I remember visiting Singapore and my uncle from my dad's side had a daughter with his wife...they named her Joy. Couple years later when I was in high school, we visited Singapore again and she was much older, a little girl now...like in grade 4 or something, I don't know exactly. She was the sweetest thing tho...she would call me gor gor Rodmond and my brother gor gor Richmond, she was so precious. She was learning to play piano and she put stickers on all the keys labelling them whatever note they were lol. She wasn't fat, but she had a slight muffin top, so my uncle was always super strict in what he would eat, like no snacks or sweets and such. My aunt on the other hand would like sneak her chips or sushi here and there it was hilarious. We would go out as a family for dinner and my dad would go to my uncle and be like chill, just let her eat, she's just a kid LOL. She looked genuinely happy sitting there eating ice cream haha. Fast forward back to the present...couple years ago, my uncle passed away...leaving the daughter and the mother to themselves. I'm not gonna go into detail cuz there's a lot to tell...but pretty much the family on my dad and uncle's side never really liked my uncle's wife...long story short, it kinda drove her away, she literally wanted nothing to do with my family or their last name and she essentially cut all ties with us. I remember the last time we went to Singapore a couple of years ago, my mom still had her number, she reached out to her and she was like yeah let's chill...but just us 2, I don't wanna see your husband cuz his family doesn't like me...so my mom was like nah, I can't I'm here with my family for vacation, sorry. So you're all caught up for the most part...now, presently...that number my mom had doesn't work anymore, my mom, my dad's family, my mom's family...no one can reach her...more importantly, no one knows how Joy is doing, or ha seen her since that last time. It\s hella sad cuz we as a whole family, my mom's side and dad's side have talked about this so many times at gatherings...they still don't like my uncle's wife...but they really wanna find Joy...that's their niece...my cousin. Today...she's about 16 I'd say...but I haven't seen her since she was a little kid...my dad hasn't seen her since my uncle's funeral in Singapore, I only saw picture.s It's real sad because this 'beef' as my mom puts it (cuz she has no problem with her)...has pushed her away and she took Joy with her...my dad's niece whom he loves nearly, my cousin who I miss. I dunno why I'm writing this...partly to share it with you guys...partly because there's a small audience on this blog from Singapore...my family knows she's still in Singapore that's for sure, but they don't know where exactly. She most likely changed her last name...but she had a lot of contacts that my parents are positive that she still keeps in contact with, so if they really put 100% effort into trying to find her, they probably could. I dunno why I'm writing this tbh, I've been thinking about it a lot since my family christmas party and it was brought up. It's a cool story to tell yeah, but part of me knows there's a small audience on this blog from Singapore...and part of me hopes that this will somehow find it's way to her. I really hope you're doing well Joy, I hope you're in good hands, growing up, learning lots, maturing into a young woman. I'm praying for you...praying for strength, that you are most importantly safe and doing well. I KNOW our paths will cross in the future...till then, I miss you a lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment