WELCOME


Rodmond - RT - RTtheRealest

"Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking in anything." James 1:2-4

"Whatever you do in life, make sure you follow your heart. Nobody can see your vision like you can see it."

A personal blog, an unfiltered and uncensored place of expression, a personal journal.

EST 12/15/2009

Wednesday, April 18, 2012

From The Heart: The Future

It's 6 am right now, I randomly woke up cuz I couldn't sleep, this was on my mind. I've talked about this with friends before and talking about it again yesterday made me really...confident is the word I'd use I guess about the future. I failed 3 courses last semester and I realized I wasn't into what I was doing, bored, not interested and ultimately couldn't see myself continuing on with it. So come 2nd semester when I was taking the 2nd level of those 3 courses, I decided to switch majors from Kinesiology into Concurrent Education (Teaching). So because my GPA was low cuz I failed those 3 courses, I could've continued with the 2nd level of those 3 courses only if I knew I would do well and boost my GPA, because I felt I wouldn't be able to do that, I decided to drop all of them which is why I have so much free time as of late. But yeah...just me switching majors, already being behind, probably gonna graduate later...had me thinking of the future. It's really hard and stressful right now, not knowing if I even got into the program yet...knowing that I'm gonna have to start at the beginning with a minor head start. Like...my friends graduating before me isn't even that big a deal to me, part of it is, but it's not the biggest thing. Yeah I get annoyed knowing some of my friends don't work hard, yet stil make the grades and make it look easy, but I don't hold it against them. I'm just kinda annoyed I switched halfway into my uni career...but I constantly remind myself that it's better to switch into something you like right now than realize this when I graduate and have to force my self to do it for 4 years and realize I don't like it. But just talking with my friends, but the future and after university...like realistically speaking, unless we really really really eff up everything, none of use are gonna be failure...by failures, I mean like homeless or bums or something. I feel like we all have the common sense, social skills and connections to be well off you know? I know all of us will succeed, it just depends how well and how much. So yeah, right now it seems hard...but it's like a novel you know, this is the climax of our lives...so obviously it has to be a little exciting. Life, like a rollercoaster would be no fun if it only went up...or only went down. It's the downs, the pains and the heartaches in life that makes you appreciate the joys and blessings. You can't have a rainbow without any rain. Or like J. Cole said, to appreciate the sun, you gotta know what rain is. But yeah...on to another note, I feel like certain areas in university like business or law...no offense to you guys...but unless you're really top and up there in your program...you won't find a decent job, now this is just my assumption, no proof or statistics, but it's hard for sure. Unless some company like picks you up before you even graduate and hands you a job, it's tough out there, I know it's tough like that for everyone, but still. I just don't wanna be one of those people who graduates and does something entirely different than what they went to university for...makes you seem like you wasted 4 years of your life with something irrelevant. But yeah...another thing is, no matter how smart you are and how many math equations you solve...in most cases at least...you'll survive longer with good communication and social skills and also who you know. Granted some areas, it's solely academics and stuff like that. But in a world like this...it's a lot about street smarts, if you know how to communicate with people and also who you know. A lot of the times you can be smart, but if you freeze up during an interview or you just don't know how to talk to people, you're sunk. But if you're seen as confident, bold and a genuinely nice person and interactive, people like that. I dunno, that's just me....I know this is so weird cuz it's like 6 am...LOOOOL, but I couldn't sleep and this was on my mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment