WELCOME


Rodmond - RT - RTtheRealest

"Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking in anything." James 1:2-4

"Whatever you do in life, make sure you follow your heart. Nobody can see your vision like you can see it."

A personal blog, an unfiltered and uncensored place of expression, a personal journal.

EST 12/15/2009

Wednesday, May 27, 2015

The Little Things In Life...

One thing I take for granted is family dinners. Not going and like eating at a restaurant, I'm taking about home cooked meals, sitting at the table with your family. My fam doesn't go out too often for dinner, we eat at home like 80% of the time, so it's definitely something I've taken for granted, but something I've grown to love and appreciate. Especially when I hear from friends that they don't eat with their families everyday...or hardly ever...and when they do eat with their fams, everyone kinda takes their plate and does their own thing, watch TV, go back to their room. It's sad in a sense you know...moments like this I've grown to cherish...sitting at the table, talking with my parents, my brother. It's something I envision and hope to do when I'm a dad...have my wife and my kids at the table...talking, asking how they are, how was their day. I have so  many goals and aspirations as a future parent...one of them is to be involved in my kid's life...know what's going on...his likes, dislikes, what's bothering him. I want my kids to look at me and feel comfortable opening up...that will be my biggest reward as a dad...to know my kids trust me with their inner most thoughts and secrets...to have that close relationship with them, be an active part of their life, that means the world to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment