WELCOME


Rodmond - RT - RTtheRealest

"Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking in anything." James 1:2-4

"Whatever you do in life, make sure you follow your heart. Nobody can see your vision like you can see it."

A personal blog, an unfiltered and uncensored place of expression, a personal journal.

EST 12/15/2009

Sunday, May 24, 2015

Be There Or Be Square

Today at church, the s speaker told a story about the important of being present. How he has 2 little kids and sometimes he plays tricks on them by hiding or pretending to leave, immediately they'll cry and call for him. He went on to say that no matter how many toys or whatever he buys them...nothing can compare or replace the gift of his presence. It made me think of 2 things...one, that God is ALWAYS there for us, whether we acknowledge it or not...it's all in how we respond to him, whether we open the door and welcome him or close the door and turn our backs. Second, I started thinking about my life in general...and how simply being there can have such an impact on somebody. I thought of all the times I've struggled or was sad, upset, angry, whatever...and how it was so comforting simply having someone to be there. Sometimes when you're pissed off, sad to the point of tears or just moody...having someone to keep you company, to just know that someone is THERE for you is such a comforting feeling. Friendship is something I value pretty high...and real talks, being there is one of the most important qualities of friendship. If you aren't there for me, can you really be considered a friend. The friends that I can just chill with and do absolutely nothing...those are the best kinds of friendships. I remember one time I was going through a real tough time...and I remember sitting in my car alone, rain pouring down, looking through my phone...looking for someone to just be there for me, not even to just hear me out, but to just be there, to comfort me so I didn't have to be alone. Sometimes, when you see a friend going through something...even though you may not understand or feel or empathize with what they're going through, sometimes all they need is for you to tell them that you;re there for them...that can be the greatest source of comfort and encouragement at times.

No comments:

Post a Comment