WELCOME


Rodmond - RT - RTtheRealest

"Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking in anything." James 1:2-4

"Whatever you do in life, make sure you follow your heart. Nobody can see your vision like you can see it."

A personal blog, an unfiltered and uncensored place of expression, a personal journal.

EST 12/15/2009

Saturday, May 16, 2015

23 Thoughts

So my birthday just passed...and I'm gracious as heck to have lived 23 long and healthy years, God is good. So in honour of turning 23, here are 23 thoughts, here we go...

1. Thank you to my friends and family for ALWAYS making my birthday special, the only people that really matter in life.

2. As I've grown older, it's more about who you chill with rather than what you do on your birthday. Today I just went for lunch and played some basketball outdoors with my friends, real homies.

3. I've slowly adopted the fact that birthdays just aren't that big a deal anymore, I don't feel any different, but I'm glad for the people in my life who take the time and put in the effort to make it a special day.

4. I'm gonna bring back the OG birthday parties I used to have as a kid next year...like chilling at home, making just a bunch of food, loop bags...and just a bunch of great friends together.

5. I used to get real caught up in like oh who wishes you happy birthday, how many texts I get, how many facebook wishes and such...but all that stuff is irrelevant...no offence, but the people in a sense are irrelevant as well...as much as I appreciate the wishes...if I didn't get any wishes from facebook, any happy birthday texts,,,as long as I celebrated with people I genuinely cared about, that's all that matters.

6. I will however admit...I don't wanna say shocking or hurtful...but it is INTERESTING...when people I consider friends or homies know or recognize it's my birthday or don't say anything at all...it's like okay...I know it's not a big deal,, it's just two words, but I'd have the decency to say it to you...and I thought we were past acquaintances and pretty good friends, guess not.

7. The same people that don't wish you happy birthday are probably the same people that don't say bless you when you sneeze...like it's just common courtesy lol...random train of thought,

8. Sometimes, the most fun and joyful times are found in the most simplest of things and situations...sitting around a table talking to your friends for hours...memories I tell you.

9. As I've gotten older, I much prefer cards than money or actual gifts....money is nice...but I'm the kinda guy that loves to get cards...sentimental, hand written, thoughtful cards.

10. I'm the kinda guy that will try to write something meaningful to you even tho I don't know you at all. Case in point in high school this girl approached me to write a card for this girl I knew of but never spoke to...I like wrote this super in depth card of how I've heard and seen that she seems like a nice person even tho I've never spoke to her. She messaged me thanking me for the thought I put into it lol....I'm that kinda guy I guess.

11. Today was just a fun day...lunch with the homies, pushing a car, outdoor basketball, dinner with my church homies, cutting 2 cakes with my fam and my homies...thank you guys.

12. I've been writing this throughout the day and tbh, I guess it does kinda bother me that certain people didn't wish me a happy birthday...it's not something that I'll lose sleep over or vent to a therapist about...but it's like yo, aren't we friends...you're my homie...but whatever, it is what it is.

13. 23....that much closer to 25...it's crazy thinking high school was that long ago...it's crazy that I'm teaching high school students lol...but it's so fun and rewarding at the same time.

14. I've been like mad moody leading up to my birthday, I dunno...part of me sees it as whatever but my inner child sees it as a big deal and wants people to acknowledge it and wants to spend it with people who care about me.

15. My homie...my brother...who's in Iran right now found time to message me and tell me happy birthday, that's love man, thanks.

16. To those who didn't wish me a happy birthday, you don't matter, not in an insulting way, just in my own personal world, personal bubble kinda way, just like how I wouldn't matter if you had some special celebration.

17. To those I call friends, family, brothers, sisters, WOES...who didn't wish me a happy birthday, no saltiness over here, that's your perogative. Helps me tighten my inner circle, my ride or die, down to ride, do or die homies.

18. As I've gotten older, it's so refreshing and enlightening talking to the youth, like high school kids and seeing their perspective and opinions on things, it's so encouraging for me to be able to hate my experiences and wisdom with them.

19. My family is actually my heart, my support system, as cliche as it is, I take them for granted way too often and don't appreciate them enough. Y'all are the reason I am who I am and why I do what I do.

20. One of my favourite past times is just sitting with friends and talking about old times, old people, old memories and laughing, reminiscing.

21. Another year, comes growth...can't just get older, gotta get better. Everyday provides learning opportunities, setbacks, detours and such...but it all serves to help me grow into the man I need to be.

22. Another big thank you to just the people in my life...acquaintances, peers, friends, brothers, homies, woes, whatever...those who took the time to send me love...it's all appreciated truly truly...thank you so much.

23. Lastly...thank God for everything...for all his blessings...or the triumphs and the failures...for the setbacks and the heartaches...for everything helping me become the person that I am today. I ain't perfect...but I'm learning everyday to become a better person, to appreciate the little things, to celebrate my failures and embrace my setbacks...cheers to 23 years...till next year, peace.





No comments:

Post a Comment