WELCOME


Rodmond - RT - RTtheRealest

"Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking in anything." James 1:2-4

"Whatever you do in life, make sure you follow your heart. Nobody can see your vision like you can see it."

A personal blog, an unfiltered and uncensored place of expression, a personal journal.

EST 12/15/2009

Saturday, February 25, 2012

From The Heart: Friendship Part 2

Friendship...oh man, where do I start with this one. How do you define a friend? A friend is reliable, comforting, trustworthy, honest (even if it means being harsh), loving (in all circumstance)...those were just to name a few. But I think most importantly, a friend has to be there for you. I've heard lots of messages and seen lots of videos about or relating to friendship in the last while. A friend is someone who's always there for you...like a sibling. Someone who you can call up at like 2 am to take a walk and they'd be down. Someone who you can ask to help you move or drop you to the airport in the middle of the night and it'd be their pleasure. No a friend is not a servant, not someone who is just there to do favours for you...a friend is just naturally helpful and they should want to be there for you. As a friend, I'm always willing to go the extra mile for people I really care about because they mean a lot to me. So when I see a friend going through problems or having a tough time, it's my pleasure and my duty to comfort them and LIFT their burden. Friendship isn't one person feeling like they're using somebody by telling them all their secrets and dragging them down to their sadness. No...that's one friend opening up to another, while the other is listening, comforting and helping. As a friend, it's a privilege, a duty and a pleasure to lift a friend's burden...you know why...because friend's CARE about each other. Speaking for myself at least, as a friend...I don't mind going out of my way to make another friend happy, because I care about them and I want to see them smiling not upset. As a friend, I'll do my best to listen, comfort and give advice on how to overcome an obstacle. As a friend, I'll always be there to support my friend in all circumstances, I may not agree with them, but if they really have their heart set on it, I'll support them. I don't know what else to say, I have so many thoughts in my head I can write out about friendship... a friend is someone who you can count on to be there for you. You don't dump a real friend because of one stupid thing they did, you forgive them because of all the amazing things they did to make you smile. That's just my thought at least.

No comments:

Post a Comment