WELCOME


Rodmond - RT - RTtheRealest

"Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking in anything." James 1:2-4

"Whatever you do in life, make sure you follow your heart. Nobody can see your vision like you can see it."

A personal blog, an unfiltered and uncensored place of expression, a personal journal.

EST 12/15/2009

Tuesday, May 26, 2020

Ask The Audience #8: Memories

Hey friends, okay wow so I know it's been a while...and the  thought of posting has crossed my mind on numerous occasions, but I just kept procrastinating lol. Should've been a piece of cake considering this post just required a lot of copying and pasting then a bit of editing lol...but I apologize, got lost in time, lost in life lol. Hope you're still hanging in there during this time, things seem to be lightening up a tad bit, but still continue to stay safe and stay home of course...I've been going out a bit tbh, like very rarely...for runs and seeing like one or two friends for walks as well...which has been really nice...just to be outside and see friends again. But anyways, I'll catch y'all up next post...today's post is another installment of Ask The Audience, as per usual...all the previous ATA's will be linked below.

Ask The Audience #3: Best Dating Experience
Ask The Audience #4: Worst Dating ExperienceAsk The Audience #5: Best Advice
Ask The Audience #6: Failure, Rejection, Setback, Loss
Ask The Audience #7: Quarantine Thoughts

Obviously quarantine has been a time where a lot of people have had to cancel plans, vacations, miss out on events and such...so I wanted to take a stroll down memory lane and ask people about some of their favourite memories.

What is one of your all time favourite memories and why?


Guy #1: One of my fave memories of all time wasn’t anything big. It was just going out with one of my boys, and we were being complete dumbasses LOOL. I feel like when you can just be relaxed, not take things super seriously and just fuck around make some special moments
Girl #1: This is a hard one… recently, I got the chance to go to Hawaii with work with one of my best pals, although it was only for a day and a half, we had an absolute blast. Hawaii is so beautiful, and I can’t wait to go back. We drank, partied, ate, chilled on the beach, swam in the ocean. It was pretty mint. Especially when all off the expenses were covered. The hotel we got to stay at was in Waikiki and was a 2 minute walk from the beach, bars, and shops. Pretty darn convenient. Night life was a lot of fun too and like I said before I will definitely be going back. Basically, I’d say all my travels have been amazing memories, with my friends, partner, and coworkers. And yeah… cant wait to travel again… hopefully soon..

Guy #2: My favorite all time memory would probably be living in Korea for a year all on my own. Got to experience so many new things and travel
Girl #2: Odd but - being in the final 2 for a job opportunity in Amsterdam. I didn’t get the job (got another literally right after) but getting so far in the process was validation that I had value. I’ve always been affected by imposter syndrome and it’s been a long process to overcome it. Even though I didn’t get the job, something just clicked that it wasn’t the end of the world.

Guy #3: One of my favourite memories has to be when I went back to Hong Kong for the first time. It was memorable to me because I have never been and going back for the first time, seeing all the extended family, parents old friends, and just a whole new environment as a whole was very interesting. I was a little kid back then so I was just enjoying it as a fun vacation, but now that I think back on it, it is really interesting to see all the differences in living conditions, lifestyles, food, etc. I am really hoping to visit again in the near future!
Girl #3: One of my all time favourite memories was travelling around Europe with my immediate family, and meeting up with my cousins and uncles/aunts in Italy for my sister’s wedding. It was really cool to be able to travel to such beautiful places and experience that with family, while celebrating a huge milestone for my sister in a foreign place.

Guy #4: Going to the Sweetener World Tour after missing out her first three tours. I've spent an obscene amount and it was worth everything to me. Ari performed songs from her previous albums which I thought I would never get to hear live and it was amazing. Her voice is exactly the same as listening to the studio version and then it just gets insane when she does her adlibs and harmonies live.
Girl #4: Going to Disney world! Haha going to a totally different atmosphere than we’re used to back home. It’s exciting and makes me happy

Guy #5: One of my all time favourite memories is when I told my dad how i really felt about him and how he is my hero. I really didnt want to regret not being able to tell him because of the excuse of "just never got around to it"
Girl #5: I’d have to say my favourite memories is not one specific memory but rather a collection of them. When I was in high school, I would walk to and from school every single day lol. It was about 20 mins from my house, but rain or shine that didn’t stop me. What made it memorable was walking with my friends, one of whom is my best friend to this day. We would talk about just about everything but looking back I realize it was one of the happier times in my life because it felt really freeing. Not a care in the world about anything, just enjoying being high schoolers, and living each day in the present. That’s not something I really do much of these days, because I’m always worrying about or thinking about my next steps. Every day in those moments felt like an adventure, there was always something new to talk about, to laugh about, someone new to see as we walked on even though it was the exact same path every day. Definitely a time in my life that I’ll always remember and think back on because it seemed as though no matter what came my way or how bad of a day I was having, those walks made me forget everything and it felt like none of that small stuff really mattered.

No comments:

Post a Comment