WELCOME


Rodmond - RT - RTtheRealest

"Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking in anything." James 1:2-4

"Whatever you do in life, make sure you follow your heart. Nobody can see your vision like you can see it."

A personal blog, an unfiltered and uncensored place of expression, a personal journal.

EST 12/15/2009

Monday, June 01, 2020

Quarantine Thoughts 2

Hey friends, haven't really had the motivation to blog lately...but I've been writing down all my thoughts as per usual just so I don't forget and can maybe make a post out of some of them in the future. But looking at them now, they're all kinda just small collections of thoughts that I don't really feel I can or want to expand enough into an actual post lol, so I'm just gonna cram them all in here. I'm also too lazy to link the previous 'Quarantine Thoughts', they're not that hard to find if you look lol...plus I dunno how long this is gonna go on for so I dunno how many of these I'm gonna have to make lol. I guess the first thing I should touch on is all the racism, injustice, protests and rioting going on in America right now...it's not something I wanna blow over, but it's not something I want to and more so can go in depth about just cuz I don't know enough. What's going on around the world is absolutely terrible and also really scary to think what if it happened here. Everyone has their own way of showing support and compassion and for me...I think it's educating myself so I'm more aware of what's going on around me and around the world because I've never really paid much if any attention to the news or what goes on around the world, but some stuff is hard to ignore when it's everywhere. I've had my black friends tell me about instances where they've been pulled over for no reason, or walking around stores feeling like they're being watched or even being looked at differently by people's parents...it's crazy to think about because it's not something I ever really have to worry about but it is something I'm very aware of and I think that's one of the best things you can do in order to understand and approach the situation rationally. To understand that a lot of us do carry a sense of privilege and aren't treated or looked at different because of the colour of our skin, understanding your own privilege helps you to be a better ally to those who experience racism and oppression. It's crazy writing about this because being in social service work, we've literally talked about these kinds of things all year and now it's literally right in your face and it's like okay...so what're you gonna do about it? Being an ally doesn't necessary mean you have to be on the front lines protesting and stuff, there are so many ways to show support like educating yourself or even educating and raising awareness to people who don't understand what's going on, every little bit of helps, that's just my two cents.

Moving on tho, has anybody been counting the days they've been quarantined? It's definitely been at least 2 months lol...March felt like an eternity, April and May felt like it combined together and flew by in the span of 2 weeks and here we are in June...that's wild. As the weather has been getting better, I started going on jogs lol shoutouts to Michael (that's not his name LOL) for encouraging me to go so lol. It's been really nice seeing people outside walking, jogging or with their dogs or families...makes things kinda feel a tad bit normal. I started seeing some friends again which has been really nice and adds to the whole normalcy...just going on walks, grabbing bubble tea and even getting back into sports a bit lol golf, basketball, softball...it's been nice. Other than that, it's been the same old thang...netflix, snacks, videogames and exercising and talking to the homies in between lol. On another note, you know what's one of the dopest things that people tell me in regards to the blog...and I've probably shared this before...when people tell me like yo when I read your blog I can fully hear it in your voice or like it really sounds like you. I honestly love hearing that because I mean like...this blog is me, I had a friend tell me one time like yo I read this person's blog and it just didn't sound like them, it sounded like they were trying too hard to sound smart or like use hella big words or whatever. I kinda laughed cuz when I think of my blog, I think of just super raw and unedited, slang and poor grammar and a lot of “...” LOOOL, I'm definitely not using them correctly but I dunno, it just goes with what I'm saying and it's how I picture it flowing in my head lol. Continuing on with this blog tho...I will say one thing is that it's just hard to promote this blog lol, especially to new people or like strangers for example. Moat people have like a general theme or topic that their blog follows...oh follow my food blog for dope recipes and stuff like that or oh follow my blog for like makeup or fashion tips and stuff like that. With me, it's kinda hard cuz my blog is just about...my life LOL. It's hard and kinda weird to be like hey check out my blog, it's about my life, read this post because my life is so dope and interesting LOL. It just doesn't sound right and sounds weird in my head if I were to try to promote myself or advertise it to people. It's moreso just like yeah so this is a blog where I write about my life, thoughts and experiences...it is what it is, check it out if you'd like and I hope you enjoy, laugh, learn or take something out of it lol. I'll never truly understand how or even why the blog grew to what it's become...cuz it only really started with like my friends and maybe a handful of people reading it...but even then my friends didn't even read it everyday lol and they still don't cuz a lot of them live out the stories that I share cuz they're right there with me lol. For me it's like...well why does this random person wanna read my post about a random girl I liked or like a random experience I had in school LOL. I'll never understand...but some of y'all keep coming back, some of y'all find some sort of enjoyment or fulfillment reading my posts (I hope), and that makes me happy and is good enough motivation to keep going. Last thought before I go, I had a lot more but I'll save it for another post lol...you know what might be the greatest thing about this blog...when random people or even when friends hit me up and they're just like yo I really like the blog or yo that post was really dope and I really resonated with it. I've had friends tell me that on multiple occasions but it's always nice when ther andom people or the people I would never expect to read my blog reach out and they're just like yo that's dope or even like a keep it up...it honestly goes soooo far in terms of motivation and encouragement. But yeah, that's all I wanted to say, hope you're doing well and if you made it here...see y'all soon, PEACE!

No comments:

Post a Comment