WELCOME


Rodmond - RT - RTtheRealest

"Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking in anything." James 1:2-4

"Whatever you do in life, make sure you follow your heart. Nobody can see your vision like you can see it."

A personal blog, an unfiltered and uncensored place of expression, a personal journal.

EST 12/15/2009

Friday, March 20, 2020

Ask The Audience #1: What Do You Look For In A Partner?

Hey friends, so this is something new I wanted to try...until I eventually or inevitably get lazy, lose interest or lose motivation LOL. But I love hearing from you guys, I love the guest posts and it\s so refreshing from me always gushing about some random stuff lol. So I reached out to 10 different friends, 5 guys and 5 girls...all with different relationship statuses, dating histories and of different ages and backgrounds if that makes a difference as well lol. And I asked them all the same question...

What are some things you look for in a partner/what are things that are absolute must haves for you?
(I wanted to keep it as general as possible instead of saying what qualities or what features specifically because people prioritize different things, so when I keep it general, you get to see what people are really drawn to at first and what things first come to mind instead of narrowing it down)

Enjoy!

Guy #1: I think a couple must have things they gotta have is a heart to heart connection, like they understand and value you not just for things like stability or cause of good looks but they're with you because your hearts connect. That's kind of vague but I always look for a heart to heart connection, like I don't find it with a lot of the girls I date. Due to them being with me for my looks and having a "nice guy" image. Another thing though is, they gotta genuinely be nice. No fake nice to please people or to fit in.
Girl #1: Idk like tbh I've only ever dated one person so I don't have much dating experience LOOOOL, but for me I like people who are funny :), just anyone who can make me laugh and have a good time. Someone who is caring and thoughtful and someone who has balance.

Guy #2: Laughs easily, kind, smart, family oriented, open to new things/experiences, have a passion whether career or social work.
Girl #2: Ouu well as a Christian (since I'm taking it waaay more seriously than all my past relationships), 1) he has to be able to lead both in faith and in general. So like he has to be someone I can rely on to keep me in check if I'm stumbling and help me grow in faith. 2) Just a girl thing but he has to be bigger than me? Like he can be my height but I just wanna be protected so like wider?? LOL. 3) Fun/funny aka why I fall for hk boys, too much fun smh me. I'm pretty flexible on everything else tho (like I\d even let him stay home while I work) as long as they are someone who will always choose to be w/ me since I don't want to fight to keep them if they've already clocked out.

Guy #3: Similar sense of humour is definitely something I need in a girl and someone who can hold a conversation well because I suck lol. She needs to be passionate about something, or have something that she consistently wants to work towards.Similar interests are not necessary in my books because we both need to be open enough to try different things and have an open mind. And definitely need her to be understanding that we probably both need some personal space from time to time. And she needs to understand what my passions are and allow me to dedicate a good chunk of time to that.
Girl #3: What I look for in a guy is his height (over 5’8 at least), his smell (gotta smell good all the time), his voice (I like deep voices), his job (can’t be dealing with no drug dealer) and the way he carries himself (is he confident or a pussy).

Guy #4: They have to be motivated, if they don't have motivation to always want to be better than themselves, then how can they motivate me? And I want them to believe in themselves and love themselves, because if they don't love themselves, how can they love someone else? I want them to be passionate about the things they do, because I'm quite a passionate person. I also want them to have a good sense of humour and not be too uptight. They have to be able to be picked on and take it as a joke since I'm the type of person to make fun of people as a joke but it's all still love at the end of the day. 
Girl #4: Hmm must haves: funny, can tolerate me cuz I'm annoying sometimes, someone that I can be comfortable with since I don't find myself truly comfortable around many ppl and willing to communicate.

Guy #5: Must haves are probably a sense of humour, willingness to try new things, physical attraction, ambition, drive. Someone who takes pride in themselves and has self worth while remaining humble.
Girl #5: Internally: kind heart, they need to be compassionate and caring. Dog/pet lover (I think it shows a lot from a person if they can be caring towards a furry little friend).
External: mixed Asian/Mexican over 6 foot god :P. Humor, need to be able to laugh and play around together.

No comments:

Post a Comment