WELCOME


Rodmond - RT - RTtheRealest

"Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking in anything." James 1:2-4

"Whatever you do in life, make sure you follow your heart. Nobody can see your vision like you can see it."

A personal blog, an unfiltered and uncensored place of expression, a personal journal.

EST 12/15/2009

Friday, May 01, 2020

Don't Forget Your Friends


Hey friends, so I feel like it's been a while since we've spoken for some reason...feel like a part of that is because a lot of my time and attention has been focused on the 'Ask The Audience' posts lol. They definitely feel very time consuming even tho I know they're not ALL that time consuming. But it is a bit of work for one thinking of interesting questions that I think people would wanna read, that I would be interested in and that people would be cool answering as well. There's the action of reaching out and asking people if they'd be down to answer those questions for me lol. I also tried to make it a thing to not ask or not just ask my friends because that'd be too easy and I already know a lot about them and their life. In that sense, I wanted to challenge myself to reach out to new and different people, which was a challenge in itself cuz it'd be too weird to ask someone completely random that I never talk to, so I tried finding people that I don't necessarily talk to on a daily basis, but am comfortable enough to engage them and see if they'd be down to help. It's lowkey a strategy lol cuz you also don't wanna ask people you think will say no...but Rodmond, you miss 100% of the shots you don't take, yada yada yada shut up LOL. And I guess a lowkey big part of it is that I try to ask people who I think have interesting things to share...and I really mean that, even with the guest posts as well...I reach out to people I think have really cool and interesting things and stories to share. On that note, wow I didn't expect that tangent to go that long lol moving on...since we're all in quarantine and we all have nothing but time...I think it's important to reach out to your friends, peers, acquaintances, coworkers, whatever...just to see how they're doing, make sure they're okay, let them know you're there for them if they need to talk to somebody, etc. It could just be a check up, a friendly encouragement, whatever...I think about people's circumstances as well...perhaps a person is living alone, maybe they don't get along with their family...all that stuff, it's important to know that in a time like this, you're not alone. Now of course, I do wanna emphasize to make sure that you're taking care of yourself as well...both physically and mentally, getting some fresh air, exercising, stimulating your mind as well whether reading or doing puzzles or whatever, self care is extremely important. So I received check ups from my old pastor...my old teacher and of course friends and stuff. It's important to do so...especially if you're in a situation where you like have people around you whether family, roommates, significant other to reach out to those who don't share that same situation. Or even if they do...just say hi, ask them how they're doing physically and mentally...cuz it can be a draining time in both areas. So yeah, that's just my two cents for y'all, hopefully it encourages you reach out to others or maybe it encourages you to share and open up to someone what you're going through. With that all being said, I'll catch you on the flip side...DEUCES.

No comments:

Post a Comment