WELCOME


Rodmond - RT - RTtheRealest

"Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking in anything." James 1:2-4

"Whatever you do in life, make sure you follow your heart. Nobody can see your vision like you can see it."

A personal blog, an unfiltered and uncensored place of expression, a personal journal.

EST 12/15/2009

Sunday, May 17, 2020

Quarantine Birthday

Man, what a time eh...I turned 28 two days ago...geex, 28 doesn't sound as bad until you say yeah I'm two years away from 30 LOL...now that's scary. But yeah, such a weird time for everyone celebrating birthdays cuz it's like well what do you do you know. For me, it was kinda just a regular day, most days are regular days tbh, there's no difference between weekends or weekdays to me they just kinda blend together lol. But I mean the day wasn't completely wasted...gotta have dinner and celebrate with my parents, my friends showed up at my house at like 10 pm with a cake and we just chatted it up for an hour or so outside my house lol...social distancing at it's finest. Crazy to think about kids not having prom or like graduation or having to postpone it. Come September schools might not even have physical classes...which would lowkey be convenient but also really weird as well. Especially for like kids starting high school or university...what an experience that'll be lol. With that all being said and not being able to properly celebrate my birthday this year, I wanted to take a stroll down memory lane and look back on some fond birthday memories if you'll indulge me lol. I'm trying to think back to some of the best birthday gifts I've ever gotten...there was this Digimon board game that I think I still have somewhere which was sooo dope, there was also this Yu-Gi-Oh deck holder to put your cards on which was super dope...yeah I was a hella nerd back then, probs still am don't hate lol. Obviously money i always an appreciated gift, but I've always enjoyed the suspense and surprise of like opening a gift and wondering what it could be and the possible let down of it being a bad gift or the excitement of it being a dope gift LOL. If I had it my way, I'd keep it simple and old school every year and have friends come over with for some video games, basketball and hella snacks and food and when everyone leaves they get loot bags LOL...those were legit the best birthday parties. I remember once I got to like high school, since no one could drive, dinner and a movie was always the move cuz they were right beside each other lol...Kelsey's for dinner then FMP for a movie haha. Every year around my birthday I always get hit with the birthday blues lol...I dunno if anyone else gets that. It's a bit of everything...another year older, thinking about life and stuff, wondering who'll reach out to you and say happy birthday (cuz I used to sttress about that/take offense to that a lot), but now as I've gotten older, it is what it is and I much prefer a couple messages and in person greetings than like a bunch of random messages on facebook. One year the birthday blues hit me really hard cuz all my friends seemed to be busy so I didn't have anyone to chill with on my birthday. Then this one girl reached out to me who I hadn't spoken to in the longest time, she was hey happy birthday and we started talking and I was like yeah I don't have any plans and she was like what...let me take you out, so she picked me up and we grabbed starbucks and got to catch up, that same night this other boy I got close to that summer was like yo, my girl and I wanna take you out for dessert along with another friend....so my friend dropped me off at Demetres, she stayed for a bit and met my friends and then she left. It was a super dope and spontaneous night and one that I'll never forget cuz I was hella sad about spending my bday alone lol. This other time was a pretty funny surprise birthday. I had softball practice and one of my friends was like hey, we haven't chilled in a while let's catch up (it wasn't my actual birthday but a day before I think so I wasn't that suspicious, just thought he wanted to catch up) so I was like sure. My friend at softball was like oh hey can I come too so I can get a ride and I was like uh he kinda wants to catch up cuz we have some stuff to talk about, my boy was like nah it's cool. So my friend picks us both up and says let's go to McDonalds and grab food and catch up. I walk into mcdonalds and in the little kiddle corner are a bunch of my friends LOL...back in the day they'd always roast me for going to posting pics of mcdonalds everytime I went so they surprised me at mcdonalds with like 100 nuggets and a bunch of fries LOL, it was pretty jokes. On that note, it's been super fun for me being able to look back and reminisce on past birthdays but it's over now...my hope and wish is that we can end this year off better than it started and push through this stuff. As much as I like to and enjoy seeing both sides of things, I've come to realize I really am a glass half full kinda guy...just gotta take what life gives you and make the best of it, so till next time...PEACE.

No comments:

Post a Comment