WELCOME


Rodmond - RT - RTtheRealest

"Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking in anything." James 1:2-4

"Whatever you do in life, make sure you follow your heart. Nobody can see your vision like you can see it."

A personal blog, an unfiltered and uncensored place of expression, a personal journal.

EST 12/15/2009

Tuesday, May 05, 2020

Ask The Audience #7: Quarantine Thoughts

Hey y'all, so I'm thinking of ending the ATA's at #10 just cuz it's a good number to end it at, I don't wanna drag it on for too long and it's getting harder and harder to ask people to answer questions lol I ain't got that many friends. So as usual, all the previous ATA's will be linked below.

Ask The Audience #3: Best Dating Experience
Ask The Audience #4: Worst Dating Experience
Ask The Audience #5: Best Advice
Ask The Audience #6: Failure, Rejection, Setback, Loss

So for today's question, I simply asked people how they're doing during this quarantine period, specifically I asked: 

How're you doing physically/mentally during quarantine? What have you been doing? What's your situation like (living alone, w/ family) and how is it? What do you miss most about regular life? Final thoughts, concerns or encouragements.

Guy #1: I’ve been doing good! I’m living alone, but I’m often surrounded by family, which is really important and has helped me coped with the whole situation. I think I miss the little things the most that I used to take granted. From just seeing friends, or grabbing meals with them to just being able to go out.
Girl #1: Physically: garbage. I walk everyday with the dogs but its honestly not enough. I miss going to the gym. I know could be doing at home workouts, but I am so unmotivated to do so. Mentally I think we are all having our highs and lows. Some days I am like this is the best, I love being home with the dogs and chilling all day, and other days I struggle to get out of bed and find myself sleeping for 16 hours. Keeping up with the homies on facetime really helps too. Chatting to pals and checking in on everyone makes me feel sane again, it is the in-between time where I feel like my brain starts to wither away. I am trying to keep myself mentally stimulated by doing puzzles, sudoku, reading, researching etc. Other than the puzzles I have been playing A LOT of animal crossing and the Sims. I have been watching way too much trash reality television (Love Island) and painting my nails too often. Recently gotten into borrowing ebooks from the library so I’ve also been reading up a storm like I mentioned. I’m not a ‘project’ person and I don’t usually tackle on making big changes or what ever so… its been pretty chill. As for the research I’ve just been reading articles on topics that fascinate me or that are practical… right now I’m learning how to do my taxes… because I need to do my taxes. I am currently living with my SO and their mom, they both still go into work so its just me at home with the dogs but its going well. I feel like if I had to social distance with my SO I would be so done. Having them around has really made this process easier. I seriously miss seeing my friends, getting drinks, getting bubble tea, going for lunches or dinners, going to the dog park and seeing all the other doggies. But the thing I miss absolutely most about my regular life and the thing that I took for granted was how often I got to travel. I miss having adventures with my bestie all over the world, trying new food and seeing new places. Being stuck in the GTA is such a bummer when I want to go see so many different places. I am hoping when all this is over… if it ever ends… I will have the same opportunity as I did before. But, I guess we got to stay positive and hope that regular life will return, even if I don’t get to travel as far or as often just seeing some homies will be worth.

Guy #2: Physically, I Feel like i sleep really late and its affecting my eating habits, I havent really exercised so I know im definitely out of shape. I live with my family and I have been able to spend more time with my parents so its a good thing! ive missed spending time with my friends, playing sports and watching sports. Ive come to realize that ive taken a lot of things for granted with times were normal such as going out to eat. I think the most concerning part of this is my business and how it will be affecting through this.
Girl #2: Physically - doing my own workouts at home, feel more committed because there’s literally nothing else to do.
Mentally - actually fine, I chat to friends via FaceTime or houseparty, more aware of how I spend my time, actually realise I do have time to write my novel or workout.
I live with fam it’s fine, everyone gives each other space. Really took for granted catching up with people - making plans to catch up and not following through on some, going to change that after quarantine hoho. I miss brunch catchups and tea with friends.
Final thoughts - stay home, save lives and flatten the curve. Don’t be a prick and ruin it for everyone. 

Guy #3: It’s mentally draining at home, starting to feel cabin fever. I’m working from home and playing video game/working out.!Living with family and it's great. Would probably go insane if I was by myself. What I miss most is interacting with those people you see regularly but not like text each other tight like regular gym mates.
Girl #3: I miss seeing my friends and going out to eat and having fun with them, but quarantine has actually been pretty nice (despite the difficulties covid has brought upon the world). I’m usually always out with friends or playing frisbee, and I never had time to spend with my family. I currently live with them, so it’s been nice to finally be able to spend that lost time with them. Quarantine also allowed me to focus more on my studies, and devote more time to preparing for finals. My goal these days have been to cook/bake and read more! All in all, it’s been a nice, much-needed pause on life for me and a humbling experience; and my thoughts and prayers go out to those affected by the virus.

Guy #4: I didn't think much of quarantine in the beginning because I work from home. I don't physically interact with people as much as I used to before so the idea of staying inside the house was pretty okay. As it progressed, it did break me a little. Not being able to go out and see my significant other or my friends is... insane. It really shows that we do need physical interaction with others. I miss going out for a drive so bad (good thing is I haven't paid for gas in WEEKS!) and getting really good food. Diet was trash in the beginning so I started working out again. Family is doing fine, we go out only to get groceries and then Lysol spray and wipe everything once we're back home. Being Asian and living in an area where it's Caucasian dominant has never been a real issue until now. I've never gotten so many weird stares and it's getting annoying. Currently, I would say 80% of the people around me are following the rules; the other 20% think they're invincible and I'd like for them to stay the hell away from me.
Girl #4: I’m a home body so I enjoy the time now. Luckily I live with multiple people so I haven’t gotten bored yet, doing lots of puzzles, playing video games and working. I miss sitting at a bbt shop with friends (lol so Asian). It’s scary to think about what’s happening right now especially considering so many people are still not taking it as seriously as they should. 

Guy #5: Overall I feel more or less the same. I do find myself sometimes less motivated to do things knowing I can't go out or see my friends. But I've been trying to find things to do and pick up new hobbies like skating. I live with my mom and dad and its pretty good. Spending more time together has its positives, but also negatives because I find myself getting irritated more. I definitely miss seeing my friends, especially now during the summer when its the prime season to meet up with friends and play softball. I'm just hoping everyone stays safe and that this quarantine is over soon! All the best
Girl #5: Honestly speaking, it’s been sort of a cycle between having good days and not so good days during quarantine. Physically I’ve been doing good and my family, so definitely thankful for that. Mentally, it’s been a day by day thing. I probably speak for many when I say it’s a difficult time to be physically away from friends, family, co-workers, and the many other people we interact with on a day-to-day basis. But I’ve been trying to think of the glass as half full I suppose. Been taking the time to do a lot of thinking. Just reflecting on this past year, past experiences, the people I’ve met and come to known, and my plans for the future. Also been getting back to doing some reading which I used to do a lot of, so it’s been good to kind of push reset for the time being. The one thing I miss the most is simply being able to enjoy being outside, and plan meet ups with my friends and do new things. I think the most unnerving thing about this entire quarantine and pandemic is the unknown, like not knowing what tomorrow brings in terms of things getting back to “normal” and the uncertainty of jobs, school, travel, etc. It’s normal to feel stressed and maybe even anxious about any of those things, but as frustrating as things are, keep in touch with the people you care about the most because a simple “hey, how are you doing” goes a long way.

No comments:

Post a Comment