WELCOME


Rodmond - RT - RTtheRealest

"Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking in anything." James 1:2-4

"Whatever you do in life, make sure you follow your heart. Nobody can see your vision like you can see it."

A personal blog, an unfiltered and uncensored place of expression, a personal journal.

EST 12/15/2009

Thursday, November 03, 2016

When Am I Gonna Stop Blogging?

87, that number might not mean much to you, but there have been 87 posts so far this year. Depending on how you look at that, it's either cool, 87 posts this year...or wow, only 87 posts this year. Couple days ago, my friend was like yo...so where's the blog post at, I'm like true, I've just been busy, my bad...he's like what's the process in terms of posting. I was just like...well as of late, I just try not to let a week go by without getting at least one post out there you know. Last year, there  was 157 posts altogether. I know I place quality over quantity, which somewhat explains the lack of posts...but to a certain extent, part of me wants to get more posts out there...after all, I do preach that consistency is key. So before I tackle the main question, I had a couple of things I wanted to talk about...one being...what's the difference between a good post and a great post? I just want y'all to get a good picture of my mindset and the way I approach these posts. Y'all know I don't like rushing posts, which is why sometimes I take longer than usual to get a post out there. Sometimes, I wonder...who reads my post...there are the regulars (the people I KNOW read my blog), the part timers (the people who say they're regulars but aren't really) and those who are late to the party (the ones who'll hit me up and be like yo I was bored so I decided to read your blog cuz it's been a while). An average post on my blog gets anywhere from like 30-50 views I'd say. A good post in my opinion can reach anywhere from 70-90 views...and a GREAT post would be 100+, that's when I know or at least feel that its a dope post. One last thing I wanted to tackle before I hit the main question is the whole clickbait thing. My general response to clickbait titles are...well why are you so nosy in the first place? But then I watched a Casey Neistat (HELLA DOPE DUDE) video and he talked about this topic. He said his intention is to INTRIGUE, not MISLEAD. And I feel like I'm exactly the same way, but sometimes it gets confused you know. I only have a few words to use to be able to hook a reader into wanting to read my post...to intrigue, not mislead...sometimes I may mislead, I get it, but my intention is always to intrigue...otherwise I'd just put the link to my blog with no title or any hint as to what it's about and pray y'all click onto it.

Now, onto the question at hand...when am I gonna stop blogging? I think my response to that would be whenever I feel like it, literally. When writing about my life and blogging doesn't give me the same joy, peace or comfort that it does right now...I'll know that perhaps it's time to slow it down, stop, possibly shut it down. December is approaching and that also means this blog's 7th year in existence. I was watching Timothy Dela Ghetto's (my favourite youtuber) vlog and he recently hit his 10 year anniversary and he was saying how he's been vlogging and such for that amount of time. And people always ask him when he's or if he's ever going to stop. His response was that even though the views and such weren't what they used to, he enjoys doing it, he enjoys talking and recording his life, being able to look back at the years highlights and see how much he's grown and such. And I think I'm kinda the same way...this blog...is me, it represents everything I am and have grown to be. It's so dope looking back into who I was and how I used to think and such back then. I love it...and I still love it. So atm, my current mind state...is that well, the blog ain't going anywhere...not yet and not in the near future at least. This is my life you know, it's become a priority...to me, and maybe even to some of you, who knows. It's always oddly comforting when people are like so man, where's the post at...or yo this post was dope, it means a lot for sure.

So if you've made it THIS far...you a real one that's for sure. I have a surprise for y'all...as I had this little epiphany that inspired this post...I was like man...with December coming up, I wanna do something special. There's only been 87 posts this year, last year we had 157...then I remembered last year I did this thing where in the month of December I believe, I posted everyday for the entire month. WELL GUESS WHAT...I'M BRINGING THAT BACK BABY...THAT'S RIGHT...IN THE MONTH OF DECEMBER...EVERY SINGLE DAY...A NEW POST. Legit when I thought of that, I got HELLA excited. But no I'm not gonna short change y'all and loaft on November so I can save posts for December, I'm still gonna post as regularly as I can, but man...GET HYPED FOR DECEMBER IS ALL I'M SAYING...PEACEEEEEEE!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment