WELCOME


Rodmond - RT - RTtheRealest

"Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking in anything." James 1:2-4

"Whatever you do in life, make sure you follow your heart. Nobody can see your vision like you can see it."

A personal blog, an unfiltered and uncensored place of expression, a personal journal.

EST 12/15/2009

Tuesday, November 22, 2016

When Life Keeps Giving You The Same Lemons...

Nowadays, it's really hard for me to find good shows to watch, and I mean like watch and thoroughly enjoy to the point where I'd wanna watch it again you know. Off the top of my head, the 4 shows that I can watch over and over no matter how many times I've seen them are Fresh Prince, Boy Meets World, Saved By The Bell and Smart Guy, literally reading this as I write this right now, I'm realizing that they're all like comedies LOL, but also have hints of like the dramatic, motivational and inspiring episodes, I guess that kinda sums up for the most part what kinda guy I am lol. So anyways, when you watch a a show over and over numerous times, it gets to a point where you eventually know what's gonna happen next in each episode. Now this may be a stretch, but it had me thinking this morning when I was waiting for the bus, life is like that in a sense, isn't it? When you go through the same or certain events over and over again, you can kinda predict what's going to happen next because it's happened so many times you know. Whether you've seen it first hand ot experienced it yourself, it's kinda like a pattern. So whether it's like breaking up with a boyfriend/girlfriend, getting into an argument with a friend, meeting somebody new, if you've experienced it enough times, you kinda know how it's gonna play out. It only varies a bit from person to person depending on their personalities, but for the most part, half of it is already the same because its you yourself experiencing that same situation and you already know how you're gonna react or respond, it again only differs a bit from person to person depending on who they are to you. Does that make sense? It's kinda like if I've dated 10 girls in my lifetime (which I haven't, so chill), by the time I break up with the 10th girl...I kinda know how the process would go...like we would argue, she'd be pissed, maybe cry, whatever, you know. And, well for yourself, most likely after the 5th breakup, you develop a pattern with how to handle or go about it and it only differs a bit depending on who the person is and their personality. So that's kinda what I mean by like you learn to deal with recurring situations the same way, well at least I kinda have for some things in my life. You see the same thing happening, just with a different person, but it still plays out more or less the same to all of the past experiences and you're just like true. That's what I'm trying to get at when I mentioned the whole watching reruns of old shows and getting to the point where you know what's going to happen, in life...or some people's lives, it's kinda like that in a sense too. You go through the same situations enough times that you usually know how it plays out and what happens. It's also a good guiding point on dealing with the same situation in the future because it allows you to learn from your mistakes and do things differently, or do things the same if it worked out well the first time.

No comments:

Post a Comment