WELCOME


Rodmond - RT - RTtheRealest

"Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking in anything." James 1:2-4

"Whatever you do in life, make sure you follow your heart. Nobody can see your vision like you can see it."

A personal blog, an unfiltered and uncensored place of expression, a personal journal.

EST 12/15/2009

Thursday, November 24, 2016

What's Love Got To Do With It?

I'm Hey y'all, hope this finds you well. What does that even mean...I dunno, heard someone say it and it sounds dope, I think it makes sense, right? So let's talk about love. LOOLL, now hold your horses, might as well come straight out with it, it's not a girl story...you still here? Okay cool. So some of y'all know I'm taking this class called Eros & Amor within Greek society. Both words mean love, in Greek and Spanish. I call this the feminist class cuz it's 93% girls and these girls go off when we have discussions about gender roles, relationships, misogyny and such LOOL. So this week, we had to read this play called The Symposium by Plato, long story short...it's about a bunch of dudes sitting around, drinking and talking about love, with each person having a different perspective on what love is. So as I was writing my reading response, I wrote about this dude called Aristophanes. So his philosophy on love is that we were all twice the people we are now but Zeus saw us as a threat and cut us in half. Since then, we wander earth looking for our other half in order to rejoin and become whole. Out of all the perspectives, the whole class agreed this one had the most real life application. It's this idea of having a soulmate, a better half, your perfect match. It's interesting to me..I wrote about how I'm kinda iffy about the concept of a soulmate, moreso leaning towards not really believing in it, because there's so many variables to account for. The main one being, what happens if you marry someone else's soulmate, they're forced to marry someone else's soulmate and it's just a chain reaction you know. But on the flip side, it somewhat explains this constant empty feeling that a lot of us feel...that we try to fill with things, materials, friends, all that stuff. It makes life a quest to become whole, which I'm not sure I agree with you know. But it was definitely a very interesting concept to discuss and talk about with my classmates, like if it really were true, would you recognize your soulmate, like if you were once one, would you recognize or sense your other half...or is it kinda like a trial and error thing where you move from person to person until you're like alright I think this person is my soulmate. I found it pretty cool at least...cuz some people really do believe this stuff, horoscopes, dating and personality quizzes, online dating all that stuff has become hella popular. I won't even get into the other perspectives of love cuz it's pretty weird, confusing and messed up all at the same time, but I'm pretty sure you can sparknote it to get a gist of what it's all about, till next time, peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment