WELCOME


Rodmond - RT - RTtheRealest

"Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking in anything." James 1:2-4

"Whatever you do in life, make sure you follow your heart. Nobody can see your vision like you can see it."

A personal blog, an unfiltered and uncensored place of expression, a personal journal.

EST 12/15/2009

Sunday, November 27, 2016

Don't Think, Just Do It

I don't want this title to sound like a nike ad LOL, I was gonna put "don't think, just do"...but that sounded kinda lame in my opinion.So one of the biggest things I learned about writing (whether poetry, essays or raps) is to just write. To literally just write what's on your mind and what's on your heart. Your first draft, is always the most raw, filled with the most emotion and of course filled the most mistakes. But it's real, you're not thinking, you're just writing what comes to mind. That's one reason why a lot of my posts have grammar or spelling mistakes sometimes lol, cuz I rush, but I just write to be honest. But with essays, that's a different story, obviously I go back and edit and correct as best as I can. But for most of my poems, blog posts, raps, I just write...it doesn't matter if it makes sense or rhymes, I can always fix that later, it keeps it real. Same kinda thing with life...I wrote a post a long while called "Count To 3", look it up, I think it's dope. It's about doing things, not waiting too long and convincing yourself out of it. The more you sit and ponder on whether you wanna do something, the more you convince yourself not to do it. Whether speaking in class, asking for a girl's number or just helping someone in need...sometimes you just gotta do it and think later. Obviously that's not always the best course of action, it depends what you're dealing with, but I think for the most part, it's a good way to think. A lot of the times, we think about what to do in situations, and in my honest opinion I think we think too much about what to do...I certainly do. Should I do it, what happens if I do, I'm pretty sure someone else will do it, how will I look, what's gonna happen after? The more you think, not only does the more time go by, but again...the more you convince yourself not to do it. Sometimes you just gotta do it and be like welp...at least I did it, whether it worked for or against your benefit, at least you did it you know. Part of life is about taking action, doing things, taking risks, stepping out of your comfort zones...and sometimes that might mean doing things you're scared or uncomfortable doing. That's when you just gotta not think...and just do, till next time friends...take care.

No comments:

Post a Comment