WELCOME


Rodmond - RT - RTtheRealest

"Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking in anything." James 1:2-4

"Whatever you do in life, make sure you follow your heart. Nobody can see your vision like you can see it."

A personal blog, an unfiltered and uncensored place of expression, a personal journal.

EST 12/15/2009

Sunday, November 06, 2016

What Does It Mean To Be A Man?

What's good, I hope you're doing well. So a couple day ago, we talked about this topic at church fellowship, naturally we talked about it from a christian perspective, but I wanted to tackle it from more of a general aspect here. I know a lot of dudes who are a bit older than me, like late 20's...but their mindset, their attitudes, the way they handle problems, the way they see life...is really immature. It's kinda like they missed a few steps along the way and aren't so great in certain aspects such has problem solving, communicating with people, expressing themselves or such things. I don't wanna seem harsh...cuz some of these things you learn along the way, through trial and error, some you learn through your friends and such...but the other times...no one's gonna be there to help you or pick you up...you have to be a man and stand on your own two feet. If you're constantly leaning on someone, what happens when they leave...you don't have a firm foundation to stand on, you're gonna fall over. When I was a kid and any little thing happened...I would tell my parents. Fall off my bike, get a small scrape, finish my homework, get a test back, I would tell my parents. After a while, I got to a certain point where I started handling things myself...small scrape here and there, put a band aid on it...figure out my homework myself...all that jazz...that's what part of being a man is in my opinion...learning to do things on your own, that's what being independent and an adult is. Don't get me wrong tho, I love my parents and if anything ever happened like I got into an accident or something, they'd still always be the first people I call, cuz I know they're always there for me, but along the way, I've learned to take care of myself you know. Some of the older dudes around...I feel don't really know how to do that...and not only that, but they have this sense of like dependency and trying to make you feel bad for them. To a point where you just kinda gotta be like yo...man up. I get you have problems with this or with that...but you just gotta try and figure it out yourself, if it doesn't work, try something else, that's how every single person has ever figured something out, invented or created something, through trial and error. There's only so much feeling bad and pity I can feel for a guy until I'm like yo, you just need to man up and face whatever it is head on. Someone's not always gonna be there to pick you up or to tell you everything's okay...are you strong enough to stand on your own two feet? And if not, if you fall...do you have the courage, the strength and the perseverance to keep going, to keep falling but getting back up. Ponder on that.

No comments:

Post a Comment