WELCOME


Rodmond - RT - RTtheRealest

"Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking in anything." James 1:2-4

"Whatever you do in life, make sure you follow your heart. Nobody can see your vision like you can see it."

A personal blog, an unfiltered and uncensored place of expression, a personal journal.

EST 12/15/2009

Friday, March 07, 2014

Typical Modern Family

I woke up this morning at like 8...cuz I couldnt't sleep..fell back asleep at 9 ish till like 1 lol. But during that hour I was thinking about my family. And how in a lot of aspects, my parents are a lot like the stereotypical mom and dad. My mom is like the protector of the household...the mother bird who protects the nest and will do anything in takes to protect her young. My mom is the type of person to always make sure I have money for lunch, if I'm home alone she'll prepare things for me to eat or leave me notes saying there's this in the fridge and stuff. She's the mother bird who always has and always will protect and provide for her young and I love that about her. My dad is like the provider, the father who leaves the nest to go hunt for food and bring it back for his young as well. My dad isn't the real sensitive type...he'll let me wander on my own and trip and maybe scrape my knee, but in that he'll teach me a lesson. My dad has always been the type to let me learn things on my own and if I want something I'd have to earn it or work for it, no shortcuts and I love that about my dad. My mom is the sensitive one and the one who spoils me lol...like going grocery shopping my mom will look at everything and be like do you want this, do you want that and stuff...whereas my dad will let me wander off on my own and be like yeah grab whatever you want, just not too much lol. As much as my parents differ, it's honestly a really healthy combo and I love them both and their differences. I think back now to when my mom and dad would individually ask me who I would go with if they ever separated...and I can't answer that...my mom is the soft, sensitive provider who'll always be there for me when I need her. Say I'm like 35 years old, no job, no wife...my mom will still welcome me in with open arms and I love her for that. My dad is the tough, stern, lecturing dad who forces me to learn and do things on my own...who'll tell me to get off my butt and go do something with my life...and I love him for that as well. So as you can see...my parents are pretty different in their own ways...and I guess that's what completes my family at least...and that's how I've grown to who I am today.

No comments:

Post a Comment