WELCOME


Rodmond - RT - RTtheRealest

"Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking in anything." James 1:2-4

"Whatever you do in life, make sure you follow your heart. Nobody can see your vision like you can see it."

A personal blog, an unfiltered and uncensored place of expression, a personal journal.

EST 12/15/2009

Monday, March 17, 2014

Brother From Another Mother...

So I shared this yesterday at church during our prayer meeting...pretty much you guys know I play sofball for the church that my church is branched from. So this year I'm gonna move up to senior and be on leadership, this year they're doing something different where they have interviews for anyone who wants to be on leadership. Just to make sure you fulfil the proper requirements (baptised, consistent church goer, etc) and that your heart is in the right place. So one of the questions that the pastor and the guy asked me was "in your own church, do you have that group of brothers (specifically guys) that you can go to and talk to about anything and everything?" Right away, no hesitation I said definitely, I started thinking about all the guys at my church and how I'm close to a lot of them, all the conversations we've had, how close I've grown to a lot of them, how long I've known them for, it definitely made me smile inside. But rewind a bit earlier into the day where I was outside with my friend playing ball and we were sitting in his car after just talking. We talked about the same thing...he felt that his group was much smaller, that he didn't have many brothers to open up to...that he himself kinda put up barriers and didn't feel like opening up to the other guys aside from the ones he was comfortable with. I told him about when I first moved up to the university fellowship and I put up the exact same barriers and it wasn't that they weren't trying to approach me, but it was that I wouldn't let them. I told him about the guys that I've been talking to and growing closer to as of late...how I first thought we had nothing in common cuz we come from different social groups you know...but one thing led to another, God provided me with the opportunities to get to know them and here we are. I told him how it's about just letting it all go and opening up yourself. I remember one time I was in the car with a friend and we weren't too close, we had only bonded cuz we were both into working out and one day after dinner on a Friday he was driving me home and I remember I was really down and struggling with something and I needed someone to talk to...halfway through the ride I was like yo can I share something with you and we ended up talking in front of my house till like 1 and it was winter so when we finished his car battery was like super cold and we had to jumpstart his car lol, but that was the beginning of something you know. That's what I told my friend, you have to look out for those opportunities and sometimes God will put them in front of you and it's up to you if youw ant to to seize it. That was just me to him...that every close friendship started somewhere...it was just nice being able to talk and encourage him with my experiences. But anyways...going back to the original question that I was asked...I definitely have a lot of brothers I can go to, talk to, share with and open up to...and that means the world to me...that I have a good group of guys I can call brothers...where it goes deeper than basketball, videogames, working out and all that...it's a deeper connection and that's what I love about my brothers.

No comments:

Post a Comment