WELCOME


Rodmond - RT - RTtheRealest

"Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking in anything." James 1:2-4

"Whatever you do in life, make sure you follow your heart. Nobody can see your vision like you can see it."

A personal blog, an unfiltered and uncensored place of expression, a personal journal.

EST 12/15/2009

Tuesday, March 25, 2014

10 Albums

So I got tagged to do this a while back on Facebook, but I'm deciding to do it here instead. Pretty much it's a list of albums that have meaning to you, that inspire you or just your favourite albums...it's supposed to be 12, but I'm gonna do 10...so here we go...

1. Drake - So Far Gone
Had to start it off here, Brand New was the first ever Drake song I heard and I've been hooked since, this represents the first of many Drake songs that I began listening to, also marks the beginning of his eventual blow up.

2. J. Cole - The Warm Up
Another great place to continue...first song I ever heard from J. Cole was Lights Please...after that, it was a wrap...this dude may be my favourite lyricist, just the emotion and passion he puts into his lyrics really inspires me.

3. Trey Songz - Ready
Man this album helped get me through some rough times, but it also brings back some really great memories as well. One mind, one heart, one love, always.

4. Mary J. Blige - Growing Pains
Definitely one of my faves, not many R&B albums where I like every song, so there may not be many albums on this list lol, we'll see what I can come up with.

5. Tyga - Careless World
This is one of those cases where I downloaded the album and didn't expect much and started listening to a few songs and it was really good, so listened to the whole album and it was great. It's a good mix of rap/r&b if you don't like purely one by itself.

5. Meek Mill - Dreamchasers 2
This was definitely really hyped, isn't it like the most downloaded mixtape on datpiff? But yeah, this is the mixtape that got me on Meek, I like his flow a lot.

6. Fabolous - The Soul Tape 2
Another case of downloading the album and only checking out one song cuz it was featuring J. Cole, ended up checking out a few other songs and soon enough the whole album and I really love it. He's another one of those artists who's lyrics go further than just the words.

7. Logic - Young Sinatra: Undeniable
This was real hard cuz I can put like 3-4 of Logic's mixtapes on this list but I'm trying to keep each artist to at least one, maybe one or two exceptions we'll see. But yeah, I remember my friend letting me listen to Growing Pains II which was on Young Sinatra and I downloaded that mixtape, loved it and downloaded his other ones, been on him since.

8. Kendrick Lamar - Good Kid M.A.A.D City
I'm pretty sure any real hip hop head has this album on their list...for good reason. Kendrick does more than rap, put words together that rhyme or even rap with substance...he tells a story, with each song and through his entire album, that's pretty crazy.

9. Drake - Nothing Was The Same
A toss up between this and Take Care...but you know Drake had to be on this list twice...from his beautiful vocals on Hold On, We're Going /Home (tho he can't sing live)...to the seriously heartfelt lyrics and beat on Too Much...and From Time...this whole album goes hard...definitely witnessing the maturation of Drizzy.

10. J. Cole - Born Sinner
Was there ever any doubt...? My favourite artist...love every song on this album...have all of his mixtapes and albums...the dude has a passion and heart for music that is only seen in the likes of Kendrick and very few others. He definitely inspires me to write more...to write with passion and to tell a story with my words. "Let these words be the colours, I'm just paintin' my heart." - J. Cole

No comments:

Post a Comment