WELCOME


Rodmond - RT - RTtheRealest

"Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking in anything." James 1:2-4

"Whatever you do in life, make sure you follow your heart. Nobody can see your vision like you can see it."

A personal blog, an unfiltered and uncensored place of expression, a personal journal.

EST 12/15/2009

Friday, March 14, 2014

My Best Friend...

Sorry, before I get into the post, lemme say that I told y'all I have a lot of posts on my phone...not the full things, just topics or very short synopsis' so I don't forget lol...cuz if I only write the title I'll forget what I wanted to talk about...or if I leave it for too long, I'll forget the details of what I wanted to talk about as well lol. I'm gonna go on a gut feeling and say this cuz it's they're the first 2 that came to my heart...but it probably is debatable if I really think long and hard about it, but...I personally feel throughout these last few years of my life, I've only have 2 best friends. When I say best friend, I mean your absolute other half...someone who knows everything about you and vice versa, someone you feel 200% comfortable with and vice versa. Someone who you can share anything to and vice versa. Thinking back these like 5+ or so years...again going on a gut feeling cuz this is what my heart is telling me...I've only had 2 best friends. coincidentally they're both girls...I dunno...like my friend said, that's just how we were created...guys just have a natural connection with girls and vice versa...and me personally I feel more inclined to open up to a girl and get more close and intimate and personal with what we talk about. Anyways...I was chilling with a friend a few weeks back and he asked me something...do you have that one person you can tell anything to, talk about anything with, share and confess anything to...someone who'll keep you totally accountable and always be there. Someone who knows you inside out and vice versa...automatically one person came to mind and I told him about her. He was surprised when I explained to her how close we were...but back to the point...I used to get really annoyed at her cuz she was the type to have a lot of friends and she would tell me she didn't have one best friend...but many...and different friends catered to different purposes...and that really hurt me...it felt like she was in a grocery store and instead of picking one thing, she picked a bunch of things. There I was giving my all to her and she saw me as one of her best friends. But all that is besides the point, back to the question he asked me of do you have that one person...and I said no...all those qualities you listed and all those traits you listed...I have them all, but scattered throughout different people. The same thing that I got mad at my "best friend" for is the exact same thing I began to do. And I'm not saying it's wrong or it's bad. But I genuinely have a good circle of brothers and sisters I trust with my life...and each other them cater to different needs and we can talk about different things...that's not to say I have like that many best friends...but it's to say sometimes you can't talk to certain people about certain things. I dunno...it got me kinda down cuz it made me think about my 2 best friends which came to my mind when he first asked me the question...the first one...well we aren't nearly as close as we were before...the second one...as weird as it sounds, I see it going down the same route...oddly enough the same way as well...but we'll see. For now, I'm honestly thankful of the circle of people in my life right now who I am comfortable with opening up to and sharing my inner most feelings, thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment