WELCOME


Rodmond - RT - RTtheRealest

"Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking in anything." James 1:2-4

"Whatever you do in life, make sure you follow your heart. Nobody can see your vision like you can see it."

A personal blog, an unfiltered and uncensored place of expression, a personal journal.

EST 12/15/2009

Tuesday, September 08, 2015

The Beginning Of The Best You Never Heard

So I've told this story numerous times, but it's so fun to tell and this time I'll include all the details that I sometimes forget to mention. In high school, around grade 12, I had a friend who started a blog with his friend...and simply put it was a cool idea. They would share music videos, art, funny video and things that inspired them. My friend who started the blog....he wrote poetry as well and he rapped, I definitely looked up to him in that aspect, so I guess you could say I followed him in that step of starting a blog. Couple months later, they kinda stopped posting....and so did I for a couple of months...but I ended up resuming it because it was a cool thing to do. Fast forward 5 years later and here we are...still at it. Now for some interesting stuff...back then, my boy and I used to be super into R&B, specifically underground R&B and we would have a bunch of sites that no one knew about and we would always share dope songs with other people. One of those sites was http://thatgrapejuice.net/ and they had a segment called 'Best You Never Heard' where the guy would post like 5 songs usually that he felt were underrated and such. So I remember when I started my blog, I wanted something catchy....something dot blogspot dot com. My friend's blog was the beginning end and that sounded so cool to me...so I wanted something just as cool. So I decided to go with the best you never heard...I never thought it would become as catchy as it has lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment