WELCOME


Rodmond - RT - RTtheRealest

"Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking in anything." James 1:2-4

"Whatever you do in life, make sure you follow your heart. Nobody can see your vision like you can see it."

A personal blog, an unfiltered and uncensored place of expression, a personal journal.

EST 12/15/2009

Monday, September 07, 2015

Cottage 2015

Went away to a cottage this weekend with my parents and a bunch of their church friends. Lemme tell you it was super fun to just get away from everything. Yeah we had wifi and service, but for the most part, we were to ourselves. It was nice to be able to spend time with 2 of my really good friends and enjoy nature and the world. This weekend was beautiful///I spent so much time doing the one thing I don't know how to do...swim LOOOOOL, any ways, here y'all go.

Day 1
Woke up at like 8 and picked up my boy and it was like a 3+ hour drive to the cottage. We arrived at around 1 ish in Huntsville. We chilled around for a bit then decided to hit the lake. I don't know how to swim, so it was hella scary for me, used a life jacket the whole time. Went inside a kayak and my boys said there's no way I could fall so didn't change into my swimming trunks and kept my shirt on, low and behold I try to get in the kayak and it tips over and I fall into the water LOOOOL. Ended up kayaking for a short period then went back to change into actual clothes, then got into the water and it was so nice to be able to swim. My biggest thing is I can't float, so the life vest comes suuuuper clutch. We went on these like big surfboard kinda things and paddled to an island pretty far and chilled there for a bit with my 2 boys. I never knew you could have so much fun I the water, swimming around, kayaking, surf boarding, diving and like trying to tackle each other into the water. By the time we got back it was dinner time and we had BARBECUE. At night we just chilled in the lobby, board games and some good conversations. Tried to watch a movie but was too tired, fell asleep at like 2.

Day 2
Last day :(, woke up at around 12 ish and had lunch, chilled a bit in the lobby, playing board games and stuff. Went to the lake, went kayaking again except this time we went to an even further island and it was sooooo tiring on my arms and my back, but definitely faster than the surfboard thing. Rowing back, we chilled in the water some more doing dives and stuff off the platform. Afterwards we played volleyball with our parents and a few other adults. Back to the house for dinner, BARBECUE again!!!! Just chilling around now, playing board games and such again, man nature is so beautiful, the ocean, the trees, everything, so peaceful and calming. It's almost 1, going back home tomorrow, starting school in like a week. It's definitely bittersweet, but I'm ready for it. PEACE

No comments:

Post a Comment