WELCOME


Rodmond - RT - RTtheRealest

"Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking in anything." James 1:2-4

"Whatever you do in life, make sure you follow your heart. Nobody can see your vision like you can see it."

A personal blog, an unfiltered and uncensored place of expression, a personal journal.

EST 12/15/2009

Wednesday, April 22, 2015

How Do You Know When It's Over?

I know it's been a while...exam season, what can I say lol...exam tomorrow and last one Sunday night. This is a post that I've avoided for a bit...just cuz there's so much to say but I'm not sure how to put it into words you know. To be honest when I first thought of this topic...I was thinking specifically of friendship...but this can apply to a whole lot of things. How do you know when something is over...how do you know when a friendship is over...when a relationship is over...is it when you've stopped thinking about it? Is it when you've 'moved on'? Is it when that person is no longer in your life? What if that person comes back...what happens then? I stopped taking math in grade 11...in my head I was like it's over...I'm never gonna have to deal with anything like this ever again...and here I am 6 years later taking a stats course. There's this one girl in my life who I've told myself it's over way too many times to count...but somehow every time I see her I get butterflies, old feelings re-emerge and I question myself...is it really over? How do you know when something is over...say you break up with your boyfriend or girlfriend and you're past the breakup stage...it's been a couple months, you're good, hanging out, dating again...your ex comes and says they want you back and all these thoughts and feelings come swirling into your head...when and where do you draw the line...how do you know when it's over? When you're playing a video game, it's over when you lose and it says game over...that is until you decide to restart and play the game over again. In school...the day is over when the bell rings and the last class finishes. At work...it's over when your shift is over and you go home. Certain things in your life are set...you know when they start and you know when they finish...sometimes, you get chances to restart and redo something and even though it's over, it's not really over. I started thinking specifically towards friendships like I said at the beginning...how do you know when it's really over? How do you know it's not just on hold...or on a very long break? I've had friendships I thought were over...we literally didn't speak for months...these are close, best friends I'm talking about...but it turns out it wasn't over...we were just on a break...on hold. Then there are the friendships that you think are over...and guess what, they really are over. But how do you KNOW when it's over is what I'm asking...is it when you've stopped thinking about them...is it when someone else has filled the place they used to hold...is it when you've stopped talking to them completely and say removed their number from your phone...or...is it when you see them...and feel absolutely nothing...all the moments you shared, all the times you spent together...is irrelevant, you see them and you feel absolutely nothing for them or for what you used to be...they're merely a stranger...someone that kinda looks familiar...but not really.

No comments:

Post a Comment