WELCOME


Rodmond - RT - RTtheRealest

"Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking in anything." James 1:2-4

"Whatever you do in life, make sure you follow your heart. Nobody can see your vision like you can see it."

A personal blog, an unfiltered and uncensored place of expression, a personal journal.

EST 12/15/2009

Thursday, April 16, 2015

What Do You Really Think Of Me?

People are gonna have their opinions...positive and negative...the worst you can do is let it affect you...and make it your objective to act, talk or dress so people will have positive perceptions of you. You'll never truly know how people really perceive you...even your closest friends. Sometimes my friends will say things about me like yo...you're this or you're that...and I'm like really? Wow I never knew you saw me like that. People are gonna have their opinions...whether they know you or not. Someone can walk past you on the street and automatically have a solid idea of what kinda person they think you are based on how you look, dress, walk or simply how you look in their eyes. What I'm trying to say is just do you...this is especially important for you kids still in high school...I say these words directed to you because I've been there...I've been that kid who does things to be liked, to be accepted, to be looked at a certain way...it ain't worth it. Changing yourself...not liking things you do like...liking things you don't like...doing things you don't wanna...not doing things you wanna...because you're scared of how people will perceive you...do you. This blog...over the years...has taught me to be comfortable and confident with who I am...flaws and all...embarrassing and stupid stories and all. Couple of my friends always tell me that they admire me being so honest and open on my blog...thank you...but that's just something I've learned in time...this blog has made me comfortable in my own skin...mentally and physically...I'm not ashamed to say that this girl broke my heart or I did something stupid or I failed some grades or whatever...that's me...that's my life. I'm not gonna lie to make a good story or so people will think my life is interesting. Do you for you...nobody else. This is especially true and a constant reminder for me when it comes to this blog and quote unquote popularity and the numbers...yeah it's nice looking at the stats on my blog...seeing how many people have seen particular posts or visit per day...but that's whatever...that stuff is trivial...it won't last...and that's something I gotta remind myself of every single waking day...to invest in the things and the people that will last and that are worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment